Just wanted to let everyone know. Verizon called me to make sure I was aware that the replacement I was getting would be a refurb. They gave an option to get a new one instead and I took it.

If this has been mentioned before, my apologies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 08:19 PM
    A reburb may be better than a brand new one, depending on when it was refurb'd and when the brand new one was assembled.

With some assembly problems, I doubt RIM sends units to be refurb'd at the same factories where they were assembled, so that's a plus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 08:24 PM
    I just got a "new" Tour from Sprint and it shows as refurbished. I paid full price for the thing, do I have a right to complain? Should I call and ask for a new one? Maybe I can call and get an account credit.
    08-18-09 08:33 PM
    I would. You paid for a new device, not a refurb.

It's like buying a new car, but it's actually used.
    08-18-09 08:35 PM
    If you pay for a new device, you should get one. My 2cents. Good luck!
    08-18-09 09:28 PM
    Reminds me when I bought a brand new Palm Pilot (M505) many years ago when Palm Pilots were all the rage. Unfortunately, the M505 was very susceptible to static electricity. Because of this, I went through four Palms and all of them were refurbished.

As you can see, even today, merchants are very weary of replacing a defective BB with a new one.
    08-18-09 10:02 PM
    I might stop in to the VZW store tomorrow and get a refurbished one, hoping that it has been fixed!
    08-18-09 10:26 PM
    Sprint is getting "refurbs" but the refurbs never went into circulation, just were pulled at the last moment by RIM to fix issues. So it is RIM who is selling the refurbs at full retail price. Mine is one and I don't have an issue with it.
    08-19-09 12:40 AM
    Yeah go back you didn't pay for that, you paid for a new one that's bs!
    08-19-09 05:01 AM
    The refurb idea is a good one. My local Verizon franchise mentioned this to me when I was in yesterday. Price depends on what had to be fixed to refurb it. In some cases, you might be able to get another $50-$75 off the price. So my NE2 would get it to $149 and then maybe drop down to $100 or $75. I would only do this from a local smaller store that you know would stand by things and easily help you.
    08-19-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD