Ok, so my mom has the Blackberry Storm2, and although I despise the touch screen on that phone, I love the way her text message history formats itself. It looks like a BBM conversation, or any kind of IM conversation, where the oldest texts are at the top of the screen, and the newest texts at the bottom of the screen, with the person's name next to each text that they sent.

My tour doesn't seem to offer the same kind of formatting. On the tour, the old texts go from the bottom up, don't specify who said what, and if you start a new message, it creates a new history, that doesn't include the old messages. Also if you want to send a text but you were the last person to send a text within the conversation, it starts a new history.

I suppose my question is this: Is there a way to reformat the text message history on the Tour, the way it is featured on the Storm2?
    02-09-10 01:11 PM
    Ok, so my mom has the Blackberry Storm2, and although I despise the touch screen on that phone, I love the way her text message history formats itself. It looks like a BBM conversation, or any kind of IM conversation, where the oldest texts are at the top of the screen, and the newest texts at the bottom of the screen, with the person's name next to each text that they sent.

My tour doesn't seem to offer the same kind of formatting. On the tour, the old texts go from the bottom up, don't specify who said what, and if you start a new message, it creates a new history, that doesn't include the old messages. Also if you want to send a text but you were the last person to send a text within the conversation, it starts a new history.

I suppose my question is this: Is there a way to reformat the text message history on the Tour, the way it is featured on the Storm2?
    You either need to install one of the 5.0 Operating Systems that have been released for other carriers that carry the Tour, or wait for Verzion to release its own 5.0.

Threaded text messaging is built in to the 5.0 OS. Your mom's Storm2 had 5.0 installed by default which is why hers had it from day 1.
    02-09-10 01:14 PM
    Thanks! How do I install that from the other carriers?
    02-09-10 04:10 PM
    Research this forum. There is TONS of info on that already

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD