My girlfriend recently got the Tour (I'm a Storm user) and is experiencing several strange problems with alerts and notifications. For one, she is no longer receiving the red star alerts when she receives an email, SMS or blackberry message on the home screen only (first screen with 6 icons across the bottom). If she clicks the BlackBerry button and goes into the main screen (with all of the icons) the red stars are there.
    Also, she says sometimes she will receive an email and the phone will play the audio alert it should, but other while on the same profile, it vibrates without making any sounds. It's not the profile, as I have checked all of this. It is not the theme because there is only one theme on the phone and it's the default one that she is using.
    I am 99% sure it is a third party app that is causing the conflict and I think both issues are related. I have tried resending service books to no avail. I have pulled the battery and that only fixes the problem temporarily. The red stars show up on the home screen, but several minutes later the problem comes back. Anybody have a fix or know which app could be causing the problem? Here are the 3rd party apps that are installed:
    Slacker
    Pandora
    Vlingo
    VZ Navigator
    BlackberryWiki
    Facebook
    GoogleMaps
    MiuTunes
    Opera Mini
    A Personal Assistant
    WeatherEye

Any help would be greatly appreciated.