This has been going on for about five days now. Whenever I don't take full care in how I place down my blackberry, basically everyday use, the screen turns black, the red LED shows, and the phone reboots. I really don't know what the problem is.
    Last edited by crumpetsftw; 02-24-10 at 02:40 PM.
    02-24-10 02:23 PM
    whoa... take care of the berry buddy...

it's probably your battery being temporarily dislodged from the contacts...

get yourself a silicone skin... it'll probably help...

in your case I'd even suggest an otterbox..
    02-24-10 02:27 PM
    Sounds like it might be a loose battery. Try putting a folded business card or something between the battery door and the battery to snug it up. If that doesn't help, you may have a hardware problem.
    I don't think that BBs are designed to be "roughed" up. They are an electronic device and as such have a few fragile parts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 02:31 PM
    Just reread your post. Are you being serious or just trying to get a response?

02-24-10 02:34 PM
    Roughed up was probably the wrong term to use, basically whenever I place it on a desk with more than a little force, it reboots. I'll try the business card idea.

I'm 100% serious
    02-24-10 02:34 PM
    I don't intentionally try to harm my $200 phone, normal everyday usage of the phone causes the phone to reset itself. I don't drop my phone for fun, I don't slam it down on the desk or anything to harm it. I place it down, and it reboots.
    02-24-10 02:42 PM
    Ok. Just making sure. It sounded like you play football with your BB from the description.

The business card should work. If it turns out that its hardware, hopefully its still under warranty.

02-24-10 02:44 PM
    My brother has the same problem with his Storm2. It is so sensitive that he literally needs to set his phone down like if its a bomb or something or else it restarts. I bought him an otter box case, still same thing. Would the warranty fall under the 1 year manufactures warranty?

02-24-10 11:34 PM
    The Tour is still under manufacturer warranty till July at the earliest.

02-24-10 11:43 PM
    Take it back and get a replacement. The contacts on for the battery are on springs, so even if the battery is a little lose, it should not loose contact. If it does, it is a hardware defect. They gave me no problem replacing mine. Of course, it helps if you can reproduce the problem on demand in front of them.
    02-25-10 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD