Like the title indicates, I'm looking to figure out how to get the red asterisk (new message in this account) notifier to show up on the homescreen. It shows up when I go to the full screen icon layout, but not when I've got the 6 icons at the bottom.

Any thoughts or is this a RIM-knows-best type of thing?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 01:44 PM
    Like the title indicates, I'm looking to figure out how to get the red asterisk (new message in this account) notifier to show up on the homescreen. It shows up when I go to the full screen icon layout, but not when I've got the 6 icons at the bottom.

Thanks.

best way to do this, is put all your icons that have notifiers with them (like sms, e-mail,facebook,messages) move them all up to the top line which is the main 6 icons on your homepage, so when you go get notified you don't have to open the whole menu up to find it, they will all be on your homescreen.
    07-17-09 01:52 PM

Thanks.

Did you mess with grid layout at all? (OPTIONS>ACCESSIBILTY>HOME SCREEN LAYOUT). Needs to be default. I messed with this when I had the Storm and if anything but default, it will not show icons.
    07-17-09 01:55 PM
    I did, I moved the important things to the top row as suggested above. And no, I didn't play with the layout (though as an aside my Storm never gave me that problem)

07-17-09 01:58 PM
    you probably have a "message" in the message folder.. i was noticing the same thing with mine, but when i opened the whole menu i found where the message was..
    07-17-09 09:11 PM
    Did you mess with grid layout at all? (OPTIONS>ACCESSIBILTY>HOME SCREEN LAYOUT). Needs to be default. I messed with this when I had the Storm and if anything but default, it will not show icons.
    This fixed it for me. Thank you! I'd been searching these forums trying to figure out what was going on, thinking I was so ignorant that I missed a new message somewhere. I even tried reinstalling the OS, and I can't believe all it took was this.

Thank you!!! Now, other than a slightly loose battery door (no big deal when I have a case on), my Tour is perfect.
    08-05-09 07:25 PM
    This fixed it for me. Thank you! I'd been searching these forums trying to figure out what was going on, thinking I was so ignorant that I missed a new message somewhere. I even tried reinstalling the OS, and I can't believe all it took was this.

Thank you!!! Now, other than a slightly loose battery door (no big deal when I have a case on), my Tour is perfect.

Glad I could help, so many have helped here it feels good that I can add something back. Happy Touring.....

BTW there are battery doors available on ebay.

New! Verizon BlackBerry Tour 9630 Battery Door Cover - eBay (item 260458494619 end time Aug-14-09 13:16:32 PDT)
    08-05-09 07:28 PM
    Dear All

PLease help. I am new using the Blackberry. I have the same issue but I have done all that is advice and its still the same. Please help but I am using a Bold. Thank you
    08-18-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD