Like the title says, I just got my replacement tour. my first tour, after a couple months of use, would not scroll up. despite all i did to try to fix it, it just refused to scroll up. my new one does NOT have a green dot on the box, even though it came in a small box and not a Blackberry box like the original. It seemed more like a replacement box. what does this mean, the fact that it does not have a green dot on it?
    Also, the replacement's trackball does not seem as fluid as the original does. It seems to get stuck a bit and does not seem perfect. Should i take it back to the verizon store and tell them that my replacement was ****ty? Any advice is appreciated
    12-24-09 11:17 PM
    If you are not satisfied with the replacement, take it to a Verizon store and politely explain that it is not satisfactory. There have been numerous reports of people getting more than two replacement Tours before they were satisfied. Of course, taking it back the day after Christmas is probably not a good idea. Monday or Tuesday of next week the store clerks should have more time to help you.
    12-24-09 11:47 PM
    Like the title says, I just got my replacement tour. my first tour, after a couple months of use, would not scroll up. despite all i did to try to fix it, it just refused to scroll up. my new one does NOT have a green dot on the box, even though it came in a small box and not a Blackberry box like the original. It seemed more like a replacement box. what does this mean, the fact that it does not have a green dot on it?
    Also, the replacement's trackball does not seem as fluid as the original does. It seems to get stuck a bit and does not seem perfect. Should i take it back to the verizon store and tell them that my replacement was ****ty? Any advice is appreciated
    did you have insurance? or is the phone still under warranty? B/C I've had my Tour since day #1. I have loved the phone and had very few complaints, but my trackball has just started acting up. And by acting up I mean, it has difficulty scrolling left and right. It isn't constant but has been doing it more and more frequently. To the point where I want to bring it back. I don't have insurance and don't want to pay for another one. Will I be allowed to exchange my Tour at no charge?
    12-25-09 12:22 AM
    Your Tour is still under warranty. You can exchange it for a refurbished unit at no charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 12:39 AM
    Your Tour is still under warranty. You can exchange it for a refurbished unit at no charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I contacted verizon just the other day, my first complaint about the phone was the trackball. I asked for a warranty replacement. Their response was the warranty does not cover physical damage. I had told them it seems to be more of a defect than any physical misuse.
    I also told them that I am having reception issues, and I would have to call to troubleshoot them.

Any Ideas?
    12-25-09 01:19 AM
    I contacted verizon just the other day, my first complaint about the phone was the trackball. I asked for a warranty replacement. Their response was the warranty does not cover physical damage. I had told them it seems to be more of a defect than any physical misuse.
    I also told them that I am having reception issues, and I would have to call to troubleshoot them.

Any Ideas?
    The key here is to not ASK for it, that gives away your motivation. Just explain to them that you are having difficulties with your Tour's trackball, and that it doesn't seem to scroll properly. Be patient, and walk through all the steps they ask you to, but whatever you do, don't mention warranty or replacement!
    12-25-09 01:58 AM
    The key here is to not ASK for it, that gives away your motivation. Just explain to them that you are having difficulties with your Tour's trackball, and that it doesn't seem to scroll properly. Be patient, and walk through all the steps they ask you to, but whatever you do, don't mention warranty or replacement!
    Honestly that is probably the best advice anyone could have given to me. I hit myself in the head!! lol thank you..
    12-25-09 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD