Hey CB,

After reading for a few days about the new "green dot" Tours, I decided I would try and get one due to a bad trackball, a loose creaky earpiece, and a loose battery cover. It arrived today in the mail...

There are quite a few negatives, so I'll start with the positives:
    1. Creaky earpiece HAS vanished.
    2. The keyboard seemed a TINY BIT better.
    3. That's it.

Next, I'll list the negatives:
    1. TERRIBLE, and I mean TERRIBLE screen ripple. Whenever I clicked the trackball, it rippled. I accidentally touched the screen once, and the whole screen was blinded for about 10 seconds.
    2. The battery cover is LOOSER than my last one. It's moves both ways, but mainly vertical.
    3. The trackball was EXTREMELY loose. I could barely click it and get a grip on it.
    4. The trackball was NOT good at all when moving to the right. I did the self test, and got much higher results up, down, and to the left, rather than to the right.
    5. I don't think this matters, but it took forever to boot up.
    6. I tried the backlight in the dark, and one half the of the keyboard was clearly much brighter than the other.

Needless to say, after about 10 minutes with the replacement, I called Verizon's BlackBerry technical support. The lady that I spoke with was very kind. She said, though, that this was the first she had heard of a person with problems on the tour (yeah, right). So they are overnighting me (costs me an extra $2.00 over 2 day) a new replacement from a different warehouse.

I'll report back tomorrow, I guess.

Has anyone here had these problems on the new "green dot" Tours? From what I've read, I had a rare phone I guess.
    08-25-09 05:19 PM
    Please use the following thread in an effort to centralize posts about green dot Tours:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ju...t-tour-296634/

Having things centralized will help those who are using search find their answers.
    08-25-09 05:29 PM
    Here's an idea, go into a verizon store and look at the phone before you take it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 08:36 PM
    Here's an idea, go into a verizon store and look at the phone before you take it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL, I've not had the, uh, best experience with corporate stores. On my first Tour, I went to two different corporate stores for the battery cover issue. At the first store, the guy tells me too, and I quote, "I understand that things like a loose battery cover annoy you. I would just stuff a business card in the back. That should fix it."

So, to say the least, I was quite upset at this point. He then shows me another employee's phone that is just as bad as mine. So, on to the second store. I sign in and the manager comes up to me and asks me what I'm here for. I mention that I am a new Tour with an issue with a loose battery cover. He tells me that the phone is fine. I tell him, "Look, I paid full retail, over $500 with shipping, for a phone that has cheap build quality." He goes, "Well, the only thing I can do for you is to sell you a skin that will mask the loose battery cover."

So, as you can see, I haven't ever had a good experience at a VZW store. I prefer to call CS, who is much better.

Paul
    08-25-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD