I have the blackberry Tour 9630 from Sprint the mail issue I have is that it takes about 10 minute to restart I want to know is there other users having this same issue. I love the phone and took me five days to get and I don't want to have send it back.
    07-20-09 10:30 AM
    blackberry's take a while to restart, although 10 minutes seems excessive, mine usually takes 3-4 mins from a battery pull, i think a bit longer if i have uninstalled something and then the longest after i reinstalled the OS.
    07-20-09 10:42 AM
    Agreed, it does take a long time - mine's in the 3-4 minute range. I think it's longer than my pearl, but worth the wait IMO!
    07-20-09 10:46 AM
    I thought it was very strange but I timed and its about 10 minute for this new 9630 I have so I guess I will have to return it
    07-20-09 11:16 AM
    I same the same thing.. I knew it was 10 minuted before the Dayum thing comes back in... They are sending me a new one.
    07-20-09 11:17 AM
    i think it will get better with OS updates. Like the storm did.
    07-20-09 11:22 AM
    My Storm took seven minutes when I first purchased it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 11:35 AM
    I didn't time it, but I recall it took a crazy long time to reboot my tour like 5- 15 minutes. I hear from others that BlackBerrys just take a long time to reboot. I rarely have to reboot it unless it is for a new Application. Along with WiFi, this long reboots are my biggest gripes with the phone. Fortunately those gripes are small compared to the please this phone gives me.
    07-20-09 12:16 PM
    I use BerryMeter to schedule a simulated battery pull every day at 4:30AM. I'm usually sound asleep when it restarts. I can tell from the log that it takes approx. 9 min to boot up. Excessive? Yes it is! But since I'm sleeping I could care less.

Given the amount of free memory on the Tour, I would think that the need to do a restart should be held to a minimum. I do it daily because of my OCD. It's an illness, what can I tell ya?

07-20-09 12:31 PM
    I use BerryMeter to schedule a simulated battery pull every day at 4:30AM. I'm usually sound asleep when it restarts. I can tell from the log that it takes approx. 9 min to boot up. Excessive? Yes it is! But since I'm sleeping I could care less.

Given the amount of free memory on the Tour, I would think that the need to do a restart should be held to a minimum. I do it daily because of my OCD. It's an illness, what can I tell ya?

x2

Mine is scheduled to reboot via MeterBerry at 3am everyday.
    07-20-09 12:36 PM
    I have a second battery and a mini battery charger because I don't like having my blackberry connected to a charging port I don't why I just want my blackberry in my hands at all time. But I will call sprint today and see what they will tell me.
    07-20-09 01:50 PM
    I thought it is the norm for the Tour to take around 10 min to reset. If not, please let me know. I will get Verizon to replace my Tour.
    07-20-09 02:58 PM

Given the amount of free memory on the Tour, I would think that the need to do a restart should be held to a minimum.
    berrymeter wont help you if you have to switch batteries during the day. 10 minutes is a long time for a business phone not to be able to receive calls or emails.
    07-20-09 03:03 PM
    Both of you, don't return it.

It's perfectly fine. Mine has taken 10 minutes in the past too. Don't worry, just suck it up.

It will be fixed/optimized soon.
    07-20-09 03:04 PM
    Yeah it takes forever to restart this thing.. close to ten mins.. it sucks when I have to restart for app reasons.. but it is worth it.. wait.. wow that was record time.. it was under 5 maybe it gets better who knows.. lol but it takes a long time
    07-20-09 03:06 PM
    Reboot speed will increase as better builds come out, so i wouldn't worry that much about it. 10 minutes seems obscene, the average should be about 3-4 minutes
    07-20-09 03:07 PM
    i just timed mine...21 minutes. and kevin seems to think we may not see any leaks for this phone...and it may be awhile before we see an official one.
    07-20-09 03:22 PM
    8:45 here just now...wtf
    07-22-09 12:54 AM
    I thought it was very strange but I timed and its about 10 minute for this new 9630 I have so I guess I will have to return it
    I same the same thing.. I knew it was 10 minuted before the Dayum thing comes back in... They are sending me a new one.
    so was the new one any better?
    07-22-09 12:55 AM
    Mine's clocking in at about 4-6 minutes, which I thought was a bit excessive, but I'm hoping an OS update soon (hopefully 5.0?) would improve that. Anyway IMO it's worth the wait and I haven't had to do that many hard resets anyway.

07-22-09 12:59 AM
    I will say the same thing I said in the other Tour reboot time thread. These are not cell phones they are computers.

The reboot I don't believe is going to be the phone it is the OS

As for the length of the reboot is 5 to 7 minutes such a big deal ? If so why ?
    07-22-09 01:09 AM
    weird. mine takes around 3 mins. maybe because i don't have many apps on it.
    07-22-09 01:42 AM
    weird. mine takes around 3 mins. maybe because i don't have many apps on it.
    yea..i have a lot of apps...especially ones that start up automatically
    07-22-09 01:48 AM
    As for the length of the reboot is 5 to 7 minutes such a big deal ? If so why ?

Well lets say u install a new app and u have use it .. but wait u have to restart.. 10 mins ur sol. no msg no calls nothing!

OR the phone locks up (which I've learned just to tap the end button a few times and wait 2 mins for it come out of its coma) and u pull bat.. yet again, waiting..

I know theres been times when I have been prompted to restart and I purposely waited till I knew I wouldnt need the phone for a bit...

wow I sound like a whiny bia... I mean I guess its not all that bad.. just sometimes really annnnnoooyyyiinng waiting for it to come back to life.. sometimes 5 min most likely 10-12
    08-19-09 02:12 AM
    OR the phone locks up (which I've learned just to tap the end button a few times and wait 2 mins for it come out of its coma) and u pull bat.. yet again, waiting..

lol...i love the rant...especially the part of you talking about it "coming out of its coma"
    08-19-09 02:16 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD