Just got a replacement tour and with the 4.7 os it would just shut down every few mins, and then work for a few hrs, and repeat. I then upgraded to the newest leaked os to see if it would help, now its worse. It just happened twice in 5 mins....no other problems with the phone but this, should I call vzw and see if its hardware? Cuz it doesn't seem to be software if it happenes with both OS's

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 07:31 AM
    I had a rebooting problem with my pearl the last time I updated the OS. Try removing your media card and see if that helps. I had to reformat my card and start from scratch with it, but the rebooting stopped. I know I've seen others with different models with this problem too, so maybe that's all yours is.
    03-22-10 08:16 AM
    It didn't happen on the old card, but its worth a shot.

03-22-10 08:17 AM
    I mean old phone****

03-22-10 08:18 AM
    I had a rebooting problem with my pearl the last time I updated the OS. Try removing your media card and see if that helps. I had to reformat my card and start from scratch with it, but the rebooting stopped. I know I've seen others with different models with this problem too, so maybe that's all yours is.
    Good idea. Did you also remove your battery to reboot the phone after you installed the OS? Rebooting is necessary when installing a new OS or application. If that doesnt work, you can wipe your phone out and start from scratch. Just make sure to back up your files and applications before you do that and you will be fine. I had an issue with not getting facebook notifications and it turned out I needed to wipe the phone to start from scratch and it worked fine. I know your issue is different, but it could help. If all else fails, you may need Verizon's help. Sorry to hear your having issues with your Tour. I loved that phone, but broke mine
    03-22-10 08:20 AM
    Haha yea its a great phone when its working. And yea I pulled the bat like 3 times after to see if that would get rid of the reboots. Maybe I'll call vzw today...don't feel like it though and especialy if I'm gonna have to downgrade to get them to run a diagnostic on it

03-22-10 08:23 AM
    Is this one of the newest Tours? I never had a problem with my Tour when I got it back in November. The only reason I had an issue with Facebook notifications was because it was interfering with my Enterprise Server. But wiping the phone refreshed it. Kinda weird, but other than that it was a great phone. The only thing I don't understand is why the Curve and Bold got the trackpad and wi-fi and not the Tour. I love the trackpad and wi-fi has been around awhile.. Anyway, random though lol. Verizon has great customer service IMO. I had the Storm 1 and had many issues and they just replaced it for me each time.. sad thing is I went through 3 phones lol.
    03-22-10 08:26 AM
    Haha 8 storms for me and 3rd tour. Bad luck?

This is the event log entry from the reset, if anyone can read what that means please let me know what it means.

Name: System
    GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
    Time: Mar 26, 2010 09:30:07
    JVM:INFOp=30b7a677,a='5.0.0.419',o='4.2.0.179',h=d 000d04

03-26-10 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD