So I just attempted to get my Tour replaced for the following reasons:

-More screen ripple than most; even when just pressing trackball and bb menu

-Many stuck pixels

-Trackball gets stuck occasionally

They concluded that I would not be receiving a replacement and should wait for a firmware update coming soon to fix all of these problems. Last time I checked, these three problems are hardware problems that firmware can't to jack about.
    07-29-09 05:53 PM
    Call corporate. They won't have any issues replacing it for any of the above mentioned manufacturing defects.
    Last edited by gotnoteeth; 07-29-09 at 05:59 PM.
    07-29-09 05:56 PM
    If this was at a corporate store, ask for a manager, or call CS.
    07-29-09 05:56 PM
    My Verizon store replaced my Tour without a whimper. In fact, they were cheerful about it, and said my lemon was caused by the manager taking it out of the cupboard.....
    07-29-09 05:57 PM
    i think stuck pixels is software but i could be wrong
    07-29-09 06:00 PM
    Yeah call back
    07-29-09 06:03 PM
    stuck pixels are hardware. anyway just say your phone doesnt charge anymore or make up some other lie to get it swapped out!
    07-29-09 06:04 PM
    stuck pixels are hardware. anyway just say your phone doesnt charge anymore or make up some other lie to get it swapped out!
    well i know there is software and websites that can fix stuck pixels.
    07-29-09 06:08 PM
    They don't fix them, they just map them out and "hide" them.
    07-29-09 06:34 PM
    Call CS, they were quick to replace my 4 Storms. I never go to my local B&M store anymore, I get the same run-around they gave you.
    07-29-09 06:42 PM
    Was this over the phone or in store??
    07-29-09 06:48 PM
    You didn't hear this from me but if you bend one of the charging pins in your phone and you have ins. bring it in they put it on there tester walla new phone shhhhhhh
    07-29-09 07:08 PM
    LMAO good tip
    07-29-09 07:18 PM
    You didn't hear this from me but if you bend one of the charging pins in your phone and you have ins. bring it in they put it on there tester walla new phone shhhhhhh
    Damn thats pretty low. Why does everyone want to cheat the cell phone companies?

Now there isn't. Occasionally a stuck pixel can be brought back to life but generally they are dead and aren't coming back. It is a hardware issue.

OP: Don't let this go and have your 30 days expire. Stay on them until you get it replaced.
    07-29-09 07:38 PM
    I try to neve ever go into a store for any kin fof warrenty replacements. Those people at the stores are as dumb as they come and hardly ever help anyone out.

Call verizon up *611 and talk to them. they will ship you out a new phone... I would also report that store to them that turned you down for a replacement and told you to wait for an update. Thats unacceptable.
    07-29-09 07:43 PM
    I wouldn't recommend this....

I called *611 yesterday to see about a replacement due to sporadic track ball issues and bluetooth issues. I was told they would send me a replacement but if their techs could not duplicate the issue at the warehouse, I would be charged full retail for the replacement

I declined the replacement because my issues are sporadic and the vzw rep could not tell me how long they would spend trying to duplicate the issues. I took the phone into a corporate store and the tech played with the trackball for about 20 mins, got it to stick, and said let me get you a new phone.
    07-29-09 08:57 PM
    the ones who have had their tours replaced, does this fix the the screen ripple problem
    07-29-09 09:00 PM
    *611 > VZW Store. That's my experience. The folks at Corporate seem to know much more about BBs and they are much more inclined to provide good service. Keep in mind that at Corporate all calls are recorded for "quality assurance purposes"; be polite and explain your issues. You'll get more mileage that way.
    07-29-09 09:04 PM
    Call *611 and talk to tech support. They will help you and get you a replacement. I have never been told no.
    07-29-09 09:16 PM
    mine was replaced at the store with no problems. told them that i had a trackball issue going left and right and they said they'd change it no problem because of the 30-day guarantee
    07-29-09 09:49 PM
    What's all this talk about the "30 day" worry-free guarantee? They better swap it out. The phone is under warranty for 1 full year (including battery). If the trackball isn't working right, then you have a warranty claim regardless.
    07-29-09 09:51 PM
    id call *611 and talk to them about swapping it out. with the 30 day warrenty you really SHOULDNT have a problem!

good luck!!
    07-29-09 10:20 PM
    Damn thats pretty low. Why does everyone want to cheat the cell phone companies?

Now there isn't. Occasionally a stuck pixel can be brought back to life but generally they are dead and aren't coming back. It is a hardware issue.

OP: Don't let this go and have your 30 days expire. Stay on them until you get it replaced.

Yeah, I'm gonna call *611 tomorrow. As far as the stuck pixels, I can usually rub them out [LOL] but they just keep coming back.
    07-29-09 10:28 PM
    what is a stuck pixel may i ask?
    07-31-09 09:50 PM
    I wouldn't recommend this....

I called *611 yesterday to see about a replacement due to sporadic track ball issues and bluetooth issues. I was told they would send me a replacement but if their techs could not duplicate the issue at the warehouse, I would be charged full retail for the replacement

I declined the replacement because my issues are sporadic and the vzw rep could not tell me how long they would spend trying to duplicate the issues. I took the phone into a corporate store and the tech played with the trackball for about 20 mins, got it to stick, and said let me get you a new phone.
    This is not true. You are still within your 30 days so you are technically allowed to switch your phone if you are unhappy with it. That is why it is a "worry free guarantee" if you aren't satisfied send it back for a replacement. They can't charge you full retail.
    08-01-09 09:18 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD