I went online to pre order my Tour .. a lil background .. I have three lines .. When I purchased my Storm I used my third lines upgrade for my main line and the rep at the time put it in the computer that I was using that upgrade for my main line .. so when the storm came I activated it on my #1 main line

I wanted to do this again since my 2nd line is now eligible for a upgrade but the Rep I called told me I couldnt .. My 2nd line does not have a Blackberry plan so he told me to choose one and when the phone came they would activate it on that number .. change the plan .. then switch the phone to my main line and change the 2nd line back to a non blackberry plan and reactivate the phone I am currently using on that line

So I pre prdered the Tour on my second line .. chose a blackberry plan .. and sent it thru .. charging it to my account

this seems like a big to do when they could have just did what the rep did with my Storm

(hope I explained this right .. I am worried now and think I should have just went to the store today (sunday) and they could have did it all there with no extra issues)
    07-12-09 04:48 AM
    i think i understand...the day you activate that phone, you have until midnight that night to move it to another line to avoid having the account charge the blackberry plan

as a rep, i've done it before...it's just the lazy way around things.

in store, we just do an alternate upgrade and you use the upgrade on another line without having to switch phones around
    07-12-09 05:02 AM
    Don't worry, this is exactly what I am doing. Once you activate the Tour on the other line, immediately do an online ESN change back to the non-BB phone that was on the line. The BB data/email plan will drop off. Then do an ESN change on your line to switch the Tour over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 05:03 AM
    Don't worry, this is exactly what I am doing. Once you activate the Tour on the other line, immediately do an online ESN change back to the non-BB phone that was on the line. The BB data/email plan will drop off. Then do an ESN change on your line to switch the Tour over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Intersting.. What if you have a line of service with a dumb phone and want to add another line to get the Tour but don't get the BB package and then use the line you just got to put another dumb phone on it, then take your Tour and use it somewhere else?? Confused?..I am.
    I have a friend who is trying to do this, but I am thinking they won't let you get the Tour without putting a BB plan on it.
    07-12-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD