I thought that maybe this problem was related to the .484, but have since installed a .419 based hybrid (Driphter v6.3) and I'm still having the same problem.

What is happening is I am using the headphone jack with an aux cable to plug my BB into an external powered speaker. After every song, the volume will reset itself to a lower volume. Once I click one of the volume buttons, it returns to it's previous volume, but does this after EVERY SINGLE SONG. This occurs while playing music in Slacker, GrooveShark, AND the BB Music player, so it is not related to the software that I am using.

I have checked the options in the media player, and enabled/disabled AUDIO BOOST over and over again and it doesn't make a difference, though every time I enable audio boost, it shows the popup warning about volume levels, I select the box that says "Don't Show me this again", yet, everytime I enable or the audio boost this message still pops up.

This problem is driving me insane, it is impossible to listen to music unless I reset the volume after EVERY SONG. This is a replacement 9630 from Sprint, is it possible that it is the phone itself? Should I get ANOTHER replacement?

Any help that you can give me would be appreciated!!
    02-18-10 08:19 AM
    That would really **** me off too. Have you tried wiping the phone and reloading the OS? Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 08:32 AM
    I have the same problems accept now after every song the volume increases. Please see this thread were I describe my experience in detail: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/419...y-song-416828/

I'm very interested in a real fiX/solution! Although, increasing volume isn't as bad as decreasing volume!

02-18-10 10:12 AM
    I had this issue also but I found out it was the 4.0 update to vlingo causing my problem running on 419. Uninstalled vlingo bang everything back to normal
    02-18-10 10:54 AM
    I had this issue also but I found out it was the 4.0 update to vlingo causing my problem running on 419. Uninstalled vlingo bang everything back to normal
    Vlingo was causing this problem with all media playing apps? (slacker, music player etc)? I also have Vlingo installed.... and I ONLY have this problem with cable plugged into the headphone jack, playing through the speaker is fine
    02-18-10 10:56 AM
    Vlingo was causing this problem with all media playing apps? (slacker, music player etc)? I also have Vlingo installed....
    Yup at first to media player then slacker for myself, give it a shot delete vlingo I think there is a problem with the 4.0 update that doesn't play nice with the media player and OS 5.0

**I would do a reset after deleting vlingo also then give your media player a shot. Sucks though because I paid for the app but I play music way more than I use vlingo oh yeah and it was just headphones for myself as well, speaker worked fine I believe
    Last edited by Vagrant_1; 02-18-10 at 11:07 AM.
    02-18-10 10:59 AM
    Holy #%*@ that worked!!! Uninstalled Vlingo, reboot, now volume stays put!! Thank you so much, I NEVER would have figured that one out!
    02-18-10 11:24 AM
    Apparently, they know about this problem... wish I didn't have to lose Vlingo, but I won it in a contest anyway, didn't cost me a dime. If I paid for it I would be very upset...

Vlingo for BlackBerry 4.0 FAQ
    02-18-10 11:26 AM
    Holy #%*@ that worked!!! Uninstalled Vlingo, reboot, now volume stays put!! Thank you so much, I NEVER would have figured that one out!
    Hehe glad it worked, took me a while to figure out what was going on and tried to remember what I installed etc..

02-18-10 11:29 AM
    Wow, deleted Vlingo as well and volume stays put! Thanks, I can live with out Vlingo until they address the issue!

Just sent Vlingo Support an email bringing this to their attention. Hope they get a patch out sometime soon, especially seeing .484 is officially supported by Sprint.
    Last edited by SplinterCell; 02-18-10 at 11:54 AM.
    02-18-10 11:34 AM
    Have the same problem, but do not have vlingo.

It just started doing it out of the blue.
    03-14-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD