Not trying to start a panic here...(please don't flame me) just curious. The Tour is being released by Verizon, Sprint, Bell and Telus, all within a week of each other. How many Tours would you estimate that each carrier received for the initial launch? RIM is a big company, but its not a manufacturing giant...How likely is it that there will be shortages?
    07-04-09 04:52 PM
    its really hard to tell. i think supply will depend on quite a few things.

the main thing being the size/popularity of certain stores. i would think they would get more than others. prob will take a look at past releases and their numbers.

also with it being released on multiple carriers, are the supplies just going to be divided amongst them all?

lastly, there hasnt been much press on the tour at all. im sure there are PLENTY of carrier reps that are unaware of the tour being released, let alone it coming out in a weeks time.

so the reality wont be known until after sunday. everything else is just speculation
    07-04-09 05:04 PM
    I know a number of people who use BBs and most of them are with VZW. I was the only one who knew that the Tour (then the Niagara) was even being developed, let alone that it's finally going to be available on July 12. The only reason that I knew was that I hang out here a lot.

I have a feeling that outside of the people who are here (and on other BB sites), the majority of BB users aren't going to be flocking to Verizon for the Tour. I haven't seen any advertising or marketing for the Tour around here (NY/NJ). Prior to the Storm's release, there were commercials on TV and ads in newspapers, and even a large billboard on a couple of major highways in the area touting BB's first touch-screen phone.

I pre-ordered my Tour, but I have a feeling that there will be enough to go around. This is just a guess, not based on any specific knowledge.
    07-04-09 05:15 PM
    I know a number of people who use BBs and most of them are with VZW. I was the only one who knew that the Tour (then the Niagara) was even being developed, let alone that it's finally going to be available on July 12. The only reason that I knew was that I hang out here a lot.

I have a feeling that outside of the people who are here (and on other BB sites), the majority of BB users aren't going to be flocking to Verizon for the Tour. I haven't seen any advertising or marketing for the Tour around here (NY/NJ). Prior to the Storm's release, there were commercials on TV and ads in newspapers, and even a large billboard on a couple of major highways in the area touting BB's first touch-screen phone.

I pre-ordered my Tour, but I have a feeling that there will be enough to go around. This is just a guess, not based on any specific knowledge.
    What he said.
    07-04-09 05:27 PM
    If you're concerned at all just preorder I guess

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 06:34 PM
    Yep Pre-order..rather Be Safe Then Sorry
    07-05-09 01:03 PM
    Some of us can't pre-order due to corp discounts. I think that's why there is a sense of concern for some. I'm not worried. If I don't have it on release day it will be shortly after. No biggie for me.
    07-05-09 01:15 PM
    Can't pre-order on Sprint either but I don't see it being a problem. It hasn't been advertised so for the most part the only ones that know it is coming are people like us and thats hardly enough to sell them out in most locations.
    07-05-09 01:30 PM
    I was going to add a line and pre-order but after this fiasco with not being able to pre-order with corp discount I talked to my bro-law who just opened a Verizon authorized retailer and he is going to try to get me an early upgrade on my main line. If he gets the Tour in before Sunday I will be getting one before they are officially released.
    07-05-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD