I just upgraded my Verizon BBerry from a Pearl to a Tour. I have had the phone less than a week......NEVER has it been dropped. I have noticed that when i place it on my desk/table I can hear a rattling noise. I also notice the same noise coming from the phone when I tap the back of it. It appears to be coming from the top portion of the phone. Has anyone else noticed this with their Tour? Is is normal or should I exchange it?
    08-13-09 12:04 PM
    I haven't noticed any rattling with my Tour. Doesn't sound normal. You might want to take it in and have it looked at.
    08-13-09 12:32 PM
    cfreese66, thanks for responding. this is my second Tour. the first one was DOA according to the VZW rep. I am loving this phone but just want one that works properly. i will have it looked at today.
    08-13-09 12:40 PM
    Yes I have the rattling noise too. It doesn't seem to affect anything though. I am leery about trading it in being that this is my 3rd one and everything works great on it. Tight battery door, no lag, good trackball, etc. None of the other problems except the rattling noise.

I would also like to advise you not to try and remove the top cover to see if that is what is making it rattle. First off it's not the cause, and second, the clips that hold on the top part break VERY easily as I found out. Gonna hafta order a new cover when cnn gets some in stock.
    08-13-09 04:12 PM
    Yes I have the rattling noise too. It doesn't seem to affect anything though. I am leery about trading it in being that this is my 3rd one and everything works great on it. Tight battery door, no lag, good trackball, etc. None of the other problems except the rattling noise.

I would also like to advise you not to try and remove the top cover to see if that is what is making it rattle. First off it's not the cause, and second, the clips that hold on the top part break VERY easily as I found out. Gonna hafta order a new cover when cnn gets some in stock.
    Thanks for your response. I am not going to attempt to "diagnose" the issue myself by taking it apart. It works great and I have not experienced any of the issues I see listed on here as complaints. I just dont want to wait til my 30 day "no questions asked" period is up and end up with a warranty replacement that is more than likely a refurb with issues that I don't want to bother with.
    08-13-09 06:08 PM
    Update: I did take my Tour in to have it looked at for the rattling noise. VZW rep took it in the back and came out with a box with a new phone in it. He took the new one out the box and started the process to exchange it for me when.......we heard the new one RATTLING too!!! Is it possible that these phones came from the same batch and that's why the same issue is happening? I opted to keep the one I have but am considering taking it to a different location to have it looked at.
    08-18-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD