So, here's my issue...

Verizon Tour 9630. Since early on in my ownership my 9630 reboots "randomly". I've gone through all the Verizon updates and with each one it occurs. When I upgraded to 5.0 I "wiped" the phone (after backing up) to allow the OS to start from "scratch", and then restored my contact list and memos and such (but not SMS/MMS, emails, settings, etc).

All this time it still does it. I don't know if its a hardware issue, an OS issue, or caused by one or more applications I eventually install on the phone. All I know is through all the OS updates and upgrading different versions of software installed it keeps doing it.

Does anyone know why this could be happening or a way to find out via some sort of log or process manager type application?

thanks!
    04-29-10 10:15 AM
    If it does it on all OS versions I'd say hardware, maybe it's the battery isn't making good enough contact?
    04-29-10 10:54 AM
    I've got three batteries and it seems to happen with all of them, and if I try and jiggle the battery it doesn't cause it to happen.

if it is just a hardware issue and given the infrequent frequency I'll just live with it as it's the only issue I have with the phone, and when I'm able to upgrade I'll move on to a newer phone which I was gunna do anyway.
    04-29-10 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD