I just purchased the BB Tour through Sprint. When it is just sitting on my desk....the top keys where the phone, bb icon, back button and end key are always lit up. Is this normal? I put the phone in stand by by pressing the top button on the right of the phone. Just curious to see if these lights staying on is normal and if so, won't it chew through my battery life like no tomorrow?
    01-09-10 08:49 AM
    It is by design. Older bb's did not do this and when the keyboard light dimmed while on the phone folks could not find the RED end call button or others. But, as you noted, some folks want them to dim. No pleasing everybody. I don't think anyone has created a 3rd party program to "fix" this behavior.
    01-09-10 09:08 AM
    It is normal while on a call but not when it is just sitting on a desk as you mention. Try a battery pull and check again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 09:12 AM
    Tried a battery pull, still the same issue where the lights are on always. Does that free application called bblight turn off all lights when I need to? To try to turn off those lights?
    01-09-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD