What's the difference if the 1Xev is 1XEV or 1xev?? Like what do the caps n lowercase mean Which is better?

Also I did the trick where u remove the sim card for better signal...I just turned it upside down I hope that's safe. And after I did that shoiuld I keep my network on global or 1XEV

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 06:10 PM
    Keep it on 1XEV. Lower case indicates no 'high speed' data transfer. 1X means no data at all. Did you reboot after removing the SIM?
    11-02-09 07:29 PM
    1x is no data coverage, 1X data coverage email etc, 1XEV covers all
    11-02-09 07:34 PM
    Well when I removed the sim card I had to take out batttery to get to it so yes

11-02-09 07:34 PM
    Sim Card removal is an old wives tale in my opinion. If your device is switchng from 1x to 1XEV or even 1xev, try this.

Put SIM card back in.

The go to options>mobile Network> and change network technology from global to 1XEV.

I have my SIM in and did this and have 1XEV.
    11-02-09 07:40 PM
    Well when I removed the sim card I had to take out batttery to get to it so yes
    Duh! Pardon my senior moment.
    11-02-09 08:23 PM
    Sim Card removal is an old wives tale in my opinion. If your device is switchng from 1x to 1XEV or even 1xev, try this.

Put SIM card back in.

The go to options>mobile Network> and change network technology from global to 1XEV.

I have my SIM in and did this and have 1XEV.
    I havent seen any difference with or without SIM
    11-02-09 08:29 PM
    i think i see a differnce, but maybe i'm just trying real hard to see one haha
    11-02-09 08:57 PM
    I havent seen any difference with or without SIM
    I agree, this why I said SIM makes no differnce
    11-02-09 09:03 PM
    I can see a major difference in signal quality by removing the SIM card. I'm not seeing things either - my signal is solid and doesn't keep trying to Search for CDMA like it used to. That and my dBm is much better than ever before. I always had it set to 1XEV so that wasn't the reason.

11-02-09 09:11 PM
    I agree, this why I said SIM makes no differnce
    I never once seen my phone drop from 1XEV to 1X or 1xev so maybe thats why i dont see a difference. Im just a bit confused by all the people in MisterB's thread claiming it makes a huge difference taking out the SIM.

11-02-09 09:12 PM
    I never once seen my phone drop from 1XEV to 1X or 1xev so maybe thats why i dont see a difference. Im just a bit confused by all the people in MisterB's thread claiming it makes a huge difference taking out the SIM.

This sure is an odd situation. But then again, you've been very lucky to hold a 3G signal without dropping down. I always drop down in a good area and my signal kept going to -110 dBm at work with the SIM installed. After removing it, I've been holding a steady -91 dBm and at times it went to -87 dBm. That's a huge difference if you ask me.

11-02-09 09:18 PM
    This sure is an odd situation. But then again, you've been very lucky to hold a 3G signal without dropping down. I always drop down in a good area and my signal kept going to -110 dBm at work with the SIM installed. After removing it, I've been holding a steady -91 dBm and at times it went to -87 dBm. That's a huge difference if you ask me.

What is odd is that in my basement is where i get the worst signal. Most of the time i had 0 bars and STILL held 1XEV and was able to browse with ease. Since i upgraded to .57 , i hold a steady 2 bars .
    Everywhere else is 3 to full bars. Maybe the SIM only helps the one with issues..... Hard to explain why it works for one and not the other.

11-02-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD