Hey i was wondering if you are on a vzw family plan does only the primary number get the $100 credit upgrade every two years or does everyone on the plan get it? Thanks
    06-27-09 02:34 PM
    I think that only the primary line gets the New Every 2 discount. All other lines get a discount but it is less and may depend upon the phone that you select; some are free, others are nominal amounts but they all require a 2 year extension on those individual lines regardless
    06-27-09 02:44 PM
    Only the primary line gets NE2 Discount of $50, so just add $50 if you on a secondary line, but they let you use the primary line upgrade for yours if its eligible
    06-27-09 02:49 PM
    cool thanks guys.
    06-27-09 09:13 PM
    Depending on the price of the plan you have you will either get a $50 or $100 New Every 2 credit towards a new device with resigning contract. ONLY the primary line is eligible for this credit, the secondary lines are eligible only to purchase a phone for the promotional price (e.g. Storm for $199 with 2 year contract.)

You can however have the primary line's credit be applied to one of the secondary lines.
    06-28-09 01:28 AM
    And just to let you know, New Every Two credits are now $30 for a primary line on a price plan between $39.99 and $79.98, anything above $79.99 qualifies you for $50. I believe this went into effect on Valentine's Day. But that's the new amounts.

So be mindful that if your NE2 is currently $100, it'll be $50 after your upgrade.
    06-28-09 01:40 AM
    Fried Rice Is correct, HOWEVER I just went to Verizon Wireless online and if you were a customer before Feb 15 2009 and met the requirements you are still eligible for $50 or $100 discount. See excerpt from their website below:

I think I'm already enrolled in your New Every Two program. How do I know what my discount will be if I want to upgrade my phone?

You can check your New Every Two eligibility by signing into MyVerizon. The New Every Two program is available to you when you sign up for a two-year plan of at least $34.99 per month and by fulfilling 20 months of that term. You will qualify for a free phone, up to $30 or $50 depending on your plan, with a two-year renewal, if you enrolled in the program on February 15, 2009 or later. If you enrolled in the program prior to February 15, 2009 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan. You can also transfer your New Every Two credit to another line on your account.
    06-28-09 01:45 AM
    Test Drive Discontinued
    Verizon Wireless wants to ensure that our customers are fully satisfied with every aspect of our service. Based on customer needs and usage patterns, the Test Drive program will be phased out, effective February 15, 2009.

Translation: You bitches were using too much air time and data and our goodwill account was increasing way too much. So now you're going to pay for your usage.

Please Note:
    The Test Drive program remains in effect for new lines of service that activate up to and including 2/14/2009 and port out within 30 days of the activation date. For new activations on and after 2/15/2009, if the customer terminates service within 30 days or ports out to another carrier within 30 days, he will need to pay his wireless access and usage charges. The activation fee will be credited if the termination or port out is during the first 3 days of service. There will be an ETF credit if the customer disconnects within 30 days.

Translation: We'll cover the ETF, because other wise our asses will get sued again. But if you have your phone longer than 3 days it's not so "Worry Free" because you'll be stuck paying the activation charges.

Changes in the Tiers of New Every Two
    The biggest change to the Worry Free Guarantee is to the New Every Two program, which targets specific customers who have not upgraded their device for at least 20 months, on a 2 year contract, with a monthly plan of $34.99 or above. This program has proven to be a valid loyalty and retention tool for Verizon Wireless:

-Redeemers of New Every Two have higher NPS scores.
    -Over 7 million customers redeem on New Every Two every year.

$34.99-79.99
    Enrolled between 2/5/06 = $50
    Enrolled on or after 2/15/09 = $30

$79.99 and up
    Enrolled between 2/5/06 = $100
    Enrolled on or after 2/15/09 = $50

Translation:
    NE2 wasn't good enough to retain all the customers we lost to AT&T for the iPhone. We hope they enjoy their crappier networks, but we still lost money. Really? 7 million redeem every year? Well let's make them pay $20-50 more for their upgrades. That will make up for the loss due to the iPhone. If you enrolled before 2/15/09 you will still get your $50-100 discount, or we'd get sued, but next time buddy, you're only getting a $30-50 discount. Deal with it.
    Last edited by doomedromance; 06-28-09 at 02:18 AM.
    06-28-09 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD