When I plug the USB in to my Tour (5.0.230) my computer makes the USB indicator sound 4 or 5 times. Windows Media Player opens and finds my Blackberry. The problem I see is the screen of my Blackberry shows "You cannot transfer or play any protected media files. Remove some media files and try again".

When I plug in without my memory card this message doesn't appear. I save everything on my media card so it may take some searching to see what is considrered protected.

I have never protected any media files that I know of. Is there a way I can identify protected media files as referenced by this message?

Edit: When I plugged in to my PC this morning with Desktop Manager already running the device rebooted itself as soon as Windoze initiated the USB driver to connect to the device.
    Last edited by Oldtymehockey; 10-22-09 at 07:44 AM. Reason: More issues.
    10-21-09 06:16 PM
    I get the same error message on my Storm. But I don't have any of the USB connectivity issues. On the night I downloaded some songs, I could listen to them. The naxt day, I could not and I got the error message. I deauthorized/authorized everything, and I renewed the liscenses..still this annoying error. I have had the storm since Jan. and this is the first time for this issue...must be in the 5.0 upgrade!
    10-30-09 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD