My earpiece blew out on my Tour. I took it into a Verizon store and they agreed that it was blown, they played with the phone for a few minutes but never mentioned the fact i was running 5.0 (they might not have checked) They did not have a replacement in stock so they shipped me one out which i received today. My question is should i load 4.7 back onto my old phone before shipping it back or will it not matter.
    12-10-09 12:37 PM
    i would reload if i were you because these 5.0 builds are illegal leaks and could void your warranty, if you load 4.7 back on it they will never know that it had 5.0 loaded on it
    12-10-09 03:21 PM
    I would definitely reload 4.7 back on the older device before sending it in... goodluck.
    12-10-09 03:24 PM
    i would reload if i were you because these 5.0 builds are illegal leaks and could void your warranty, if you load 4.7 back on it they will never know that it had 5.0 loaded on it
    x2. I would wipe my device anyway when sending a phone back so might as well reinstall 4.7.
    12-10-09 03:25 PM
    I've gone through tons of Storm replacements back in the day and i just simply wiped it and left no OS on them. Never gotten a call about it being a problem.

They're most likely going to tear it down and make it parts for refurb units. They'll be wiped and reloaded anyway.
    12-10-09 03:52 PM
    Agree. I've always just wiped. Never even bothered reloading. They're problem not mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD