Hey Guys,

I got a quick question. The trackball on my Tour is really starting to act up. I plan on upgrading to the Tour 2 (Essex) when it comes out. I hear that it will be out soon from what i have read on the forums. Is it worth it to swap out my Tour for another one or should i just wait until the Tour 2 comes out? I'm worried that Verizon will give me problems if i swap out now and then again when the Tour 2 comes out. Thanks.
    12-10-09 07:43 PM
    Would they even allow you to swap our for a newer/different model BB? I thought the defective Tours were RIM's responsibility resulting in a direct warranty replacement of the same model phone?
    12-10-09 07:47 PM
    Why would they let you swap out for the Tour2 at all?

You will be out of your 30 day window for sure.
    12-10-09 07:47 PM
    So Verizon will only replace a defective phone if it is within my 30 day window?
    12-10-09 07:57 PM
    No, but they will only let you swap for a different phone in that 30 day window and only once. You have to pay a restocking fee also if you already activated your existing phone. On Sprint it's $35.
    12-10-09 07:59 PM
    So what should I do then since I am out of my 30 day window?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 08:08 PM
    Not sure what "really starting to act up" means exactly.

But your phone has a one year manufacturer warranty for manufacturing defects.

During that period, if the device is determined have have a manufacturing defect, then Verizon will send you a Fully Reconditioned Unit of the same model as you currently have as a replacement.

You will not be able to "swap out" a Tour 9630 for a Tour2 without paying for it.
    12-10-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD