hi guys

i read a lot of threads about faulty trackballs and it makes me wonder if mine is broken

i dont have any glaring problems with it, but it seems like the issues are widespread

everyonce in while i notice that it jumps around, slightly, but im wondering if this is normal or if its actually broken

can anyone help me diagnose, or describe the problems they have?
    thanks!
    -matt
    09-24-09 01:18 AM
    Folks seem to think running Brickbreaker helps show defective trackballs.

Open up a memo and write a few lines of text. Scroll back and forth across a middle line of text - how does it track?
    09-24-09 08:22 AM
    a lot of times ill get part way through a line of text and then i feel like i hit the wrong direction and it goes back to the end of the line and i have to try again

brickbreaker works ok, sometimes the paddle jerks a little, but not ALL the time
    09-24-09 09:37 AM
    Yea I think your trackball is fine, I think you're looking too much for a problem lol..if its working fine and is getting the job done why mess with it...if your not sure then jus replace it!
    09-24-09 10:01 AM
    why fix something that isnt broke...
    09-24-09 10:06 AM
    Similar problem. When scrolling across a line it seems to jump to the next line just before the spot I need to get to. My curve never did this.
    09-24-09 10:35 AM
    I'm not trying to find a problem, I just want to know if this is normal, if it is, I'm fine with it If not, I want a new one!
    09-24-09 10:41 AM
    I bought a used Tour from someone in the States and had it shipped over to Italy where I'm currently stationed. Guy said it worked fine when it was shipped but after I powered it up, the track ball rolls fine PHYSICALLY but it only moves over things smoothly on the screen vertically....it doesn't want to seem to move at all horizontally and only erratically when it moves at all when scrolled horizontally. As this doesn't have the trackball that pops out like my Curve and World Edition Berries do, I'm not sure how to tell if it just needs a good cleaning or if something went wrong in shipping. Please advise.
    09-24-09 11:27 AM
    Just watch this video Kingzee put up of a working and non-working trackball and you will see how yours is SUPPOSED to be. Thanks to King, i realized mine was even worse than his. I always knew it was bad but after seeing how it's supposed to work, i was pissed!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/vi...ckball-300645/
    09-24-09 11:58 AM
    Do you need to "feather" your trackball to get it to move left and right? If so you have a faulty trackball. You should be able to use any type of pressure on the trackball and it should work smooth as silk. I had to feather mine to get it to go left and right so I just called verizon last night and I will be getting my new phone in the mail Friday!!! Can't wait to see the difference in trackball Friday. Like stated earlier if you are the least bit unsure, just RETURN it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD