I have boost now,
    my question is can i unlock my old verizon blackberry tour and use my boost sim card and have it work?
    07-07-10 11:54 AM
    I thought boost was a cdma carrier. You could flash the tour to work with boost, but if it is a gsm carrier, you can unlock the tour to accept other sim cards but you wont get 3g data.
    07-07-10 12:20 PM
    I thought boost was a cdma carrier. You could flash the tour to work with boost, but if it is a gsm carrier, you can unlock the tour to accept other sim cards but you wont get 3g data.
    no 3g is fine, i just wanna be able to use my bb.... i miss using it
    will i still be able to use apps such as facebook???
    07-07-10 12:22 PM
    CDMA carriers do not use SIM cards. The SIM card in the 9630 is for use on a GSM network. For instance, if you removed your SIM card completely, you would still be able to use VZW's network.

Boost is a CDMA carrier (part of Sprint). They will not accept Verizon branded devices on their network. You cannot use your 9630 on any CDMA carrier beside Verizon (no CDMA carriers allow other carriers' devices on their networks).

You could unlock your device and use it on T-Mobile or AT&T.
    07-07-10 12:30 PM
    CDMA carriers do not use SIM cards. The SIM card in the 9630 is for use on a GSM network. For instance, if you removed your SIM card completely, you would still be able to use VZW's network.

Boost is a CDMA carrier (part of Sprint). They will not accept Verizon branded devices on their network. You cannot use your 9630 on any CDMA carrier beside Verizon (no CDMA carriers allow other carriers' devices on their networks).

You could unlock your device and use it on T-Mobile or AT&T.
    oh okay so if i unlock it could i use say att or tmobiles prepaid plans???
    07-07-10 12:32 PM
    oh okay so if i unlock it could i use say att or tmobiles prepaid plans???
    AT&T does not offer any prepaid BIS plans. You must use postpaid if you use AT&T.

I am not sure about T-Mobile. I would suggest checking the T-Mobile forums.
    07-07-10 12:39 PM
    T-Mobile will work yes. You could go to the Sprint store and ask if your Verizon ESN could be added to their Boost system maybe.
    07-07-10 02:03 PM
    T-Mobile will work yes. You could go to the Sprint store and ask if your Verizon ESN could be added to their Boost system maybe.
    hmmm okay

idk what to do lol i hate my i465
    07-10-10 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD