Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 11:33 AM
    you have to go to your website to get it

Software Update: BlackBerry� Tour™ 9630 smartphone
    04-30-10 11:42 AM
    PTT OTA

04-30-10 11:44 AM
    If you have the newest OS just go into Application Center and you can install it from there.
    04-30-10 11:45 AM
    Am I to understand that PTT works with non Verizon OS's?

Thanks.

Edit: For better clarification, I mean a Verizon Tour, running a non-Verizon OS.
    04-30-10 12:45 PM
    No, it's a VZW service. PTT has to be activated on the account as well as downloaded. i believe the only BlackBerry it's available for is the Tour right now. You need to be running the VZW OS.

04-30-10 12:47 PM
    I am running Sprints .484. (Tried VZW 5, but prompty switched back), and funnily enough, in my "Application Center" folder, I see the Push to Talk application.

On my way out for a meeting right now, but when I'm back, I will try and install it, and see what happens.

Any ideas?
    04-30-10 12:51 PM
    Probably not going to work since you don't have the .jad file installed, it comes in the VZW build of 5.0.
    04-30-10 02:55 PM
    Does anyone know where to get the MPTT modules needed for PTT to work? I see no reason why RIM couldn't offer this as a standard feature for BBerry users (especially if they integrated it into BBM).

04-30-10 04:39 PM
    It won't work regardless unless the device is on the Verizon network. It's not an offering from RIM. It's from Verizon.
    04-30-10 04:50 PM
    Agree, would be a nice addition to my BB....havnt heard of anything like that coming to TMO...

04-30-10 04:50 PM
    Ok.......so I tried to install PTT on my Verizon phone which is running Sprints .484, and this is what I get:

I guess, like it had been suggested, its not possible
    04-30-10 05:33 PM
    Since it's free, i may try PTT. No one i know has a VZW BlackBerry Tour with PTT though!

04-30-10 05:38 PM
    Since it's free, i may try PTT. No one i know has a VZW BlackBerry Tour with PTT though!

That's my problem too . . . just downloaded the "free for life" ppt, but I'm the only one I know with a TOUR . . . my other friends other BB models.
    04-30-10 08:35 PM
    Ya this Is prob why its free because not many people are using it. Maybe if they put this option on other phones it would be awesome. I think this ppt thing is best for people who talk all the time or for businesses. I still yet have to find someone else that has a tour.. Does any other phone have ptt other than the tour?

05-01-10 05:25 AM
    Yes. There are a bunch of non-BlackBerry devices on Verizon that support PTT.
    05-01-10 05:59 AM
    G'Zone and Boulder are two that have PTT that i remember. Not sure if they're still around (they were when i worked there). i've used PTT on the Boulder and it was actually very fast, clear and there were many options such as status, invisible etc. i'm not sure if the same features are on the BlackBerry PTT.

i'm still wondering if PTT has been causing anyone significant battery or memory drain.

05-01-10 06:23 AM
    My son and I use it ( my tour and his brigade respectively) and it works well. Very clean no underwater sound like a lot of nextells get . Only drawback is I don't see the abillity to key up groups of people at the same time. A feature I use a lot at work on my god-forsaken nextell. Other than that, a nice addition.

05-01-10 06:25 AM
    i have the leak os that just came out for tour so i will try ptt even tho it will prolly be a no go. cuz why not right hahaha
    05-01-10 11:20 AM
    Looks like the .643 build that is supposedly VZW's doesn't have any ptt files in!

I'm loving it though. Incredible build. Wish we could have had this one the first time around.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-01-10 03:17 PM
    Does anyone know how to get the MPTT files added in OS .643?
    05-03-10 08:34 AM
    so PTT is free for life? and are the future devices such as bold 9650 going to support it so maybe i could have someone to ptt?
    05-03-10 12:37 PM
    so PTT is free for life? and are the future devices such as bold 9650 going to support it so maybe i could have someone to ptt?
    no its free for the life of your tour 9630. as long as you rock your tour you will have it free
    05-03-10 12:51 PM
    Oh I see but don't think it matters I know 0 people with a tour to ptt :-/
    05-03-10 12:54 PM
    I just tried to activate my "Free for Life PTT" and was told it was for NEW ACTIVATIONS ONLY... What????
    05-03-10 01:22 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD