I suggest tour because its a quick and newer device works well..

but you wouldn't be wrong with a curve either..

I believe the curve is actually probably more durable overall then the tour.. because of the way the screen is designed but if you get the right protection for the phone the tour would be your best bet..
    07-29-09 04:45 AM
    i would love to suggest the tour but if you want battery life, get the curve. battery on tour is fine and lasts about a day if that, but the curve is a device thtas been around for a looonnnggg time and it sounds that you really dont care about a new device u just wants something thats going to take care of your emails and not shut off. simple. Curve. imo
    07-29-09 05:11 AM
    Get the Tour over the Curve.

I love my Storm but I wouldnt suggest it for a first time BB user. The Storm is not for the faint of heart.
    07-29-09 06:30 AM
    I think BB Tour is the best choice. It's nice and very useful
    07-29-09 06:33 AM
    Tour is the best out, PERIOD. Get it, No Camera of course. Then when you do, take a picture of it so I can see how it looks without a camera
    07-29-09 07:15 AM
    Looked today again at both and is it just me or is there a difference in the feel of the keyboard and the track ball? Maybe it is just because it is a demo, but the Tour seemed very 'light' or 'fragile' to me.

Thoughts?
    07-29-09 09:30 PM
    Tour! You should have set up a poll.
    07-29-09 09:43 PM
    I had the 8330 for a couple weeks and then upgraded to Tour. On Verizon, you might want to consider that the latest OS supported for the 8330 might not cure the "speaker blast" porblem. I had this on my 8330... basically, when you answer the phone, callers get a blast of your background noise for about 1-2 seconds before the speaker turns off... not cool for business use or otherwise. Ask other Verizon 8330 users to confirm. Verizon denies that the problem exists.
    07-29-09 09:46 PM
    My employer wants me to start using a BB, but requires that I purchase the device and then they cover the data/ voice plan. Unfortunately I am not versed in these at all, and a trip to the Verizon [service is to be through Verizon] store was less than helpful and more confusing than anything.

The phones available are for me to purchase [and without the ability of a future free upgrade...] are as follows:

8703E $79.99
    8830 $129.99
    8330 $134.99
    Storm $229.99
    Tour $99.99

From what I have read on here it is really between the 8330 and the Tour [9630?]. What is should I be looking at considering this will be business use only, and will be not only my cell phone which I use about 75% of my calls, but also for reading and responding to email [Lotus Notes]?

Does one stick out from the other on ease of typing?
    Voice quality?
    Durability? Durability is a big concern as I was told my warranty through Verizon runs out in 1 year....

Also, this will be replacing my Pocket PC [Axim50V] if that has any bearing. Thanks!!!
    tour! i just upgraded from the curve, it is a lot faster! good Luck!!
    07-29-09 09:47 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD