Hello, is there a way to silence an incoming PTT call? I found how to silence the incoming PTT alert in the sound profile but that only applies to an alert call not a barge call. I was sleeping last night with my phone on silent and incoming PTT alert on silent and someone PTT'd me so I woke up hearing someone talking on my speaker phone and freaked out. Any suggestions? Thanks
    04-02-10 02:07 PM
    I would like to know how to do this as well. It is pretty stupid that someone can just barge in and start yapping over the speaker of my phone. I am pretty sure anyone with a PTT enabled service that has my phone number can just start yapping without me even adding them to my contacts too.
    04-02-10 02:21 PM
    Disable ptt before bed or in a meeting. Or shut off your phone. I to get irritated when people just key up the mic and start talking. It like hey stupid a$$ I'm sleeping. But people need to realize you can't just barge in. Do you know what I'm doing or where I'm at? No. Press the mic once then let go. It will make a ptt sound on my phone and if I'm available I'll answer otherwise I'll get back to you later when I'm not busy. People really need to no proper ptt manors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by abtjason; 04-02-10 at 05:31 PM.
    04-02-10 05:26 PM
    put your phone on vibrate and the PTT goes to earpiece instead of speaker.

I wish you had to "accept" someone because if someone has your number then can add you to PTT whenever they want and start blurting out.
    04-02-10 05:35 PM
    Yea the problem with vibrate is that I also use my phone as my alarm so I have an alarm profile which everything is silent in except alarm alerts. They need to make it like bbm where you have to accept a friend and an easier way to turn off ptt temporarily or having different status options such as available busy etc...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD