Ok we just upgraded our blackberries to the new verizon 5.0 and we now have the ptt application on the phones. Our only problem is that the ptt has a very weird beep(nothing like nextels beep), is there anyway to change the sound it makes in the ptt app? Because it makes you look like a ****** when you use it. haha

thanks for any help.
    03-30-10 12:45 PM
    So noone knows how to do it?
    03-31-10 08:38 AM
    I asked the same question yesterday too... no one got back to me either... I can't figure it out either... the sound it makes is pretty weird. I'd like to change it if I can
    03-31-10 08:39 AM
    Yeah the forums arent that helpful. Im used to the nextel "beep", verizon needs to change it.
    03-31-10 08:44 AM
    Yeah the forums arent that helpful. Im used to the nextel "beep", verizon needs to change it.
    there might be a way to change it yet, but I havnt figured it out yet
    03-31-10 08:45 AM
    Well i found the hidden sounds options, where you can change the PTT alert sound but not the chirp. go to SMS and MMS>Menu key>Message alerts>phone>incoming ptt alert
    03-31-10 09:14 AM
    Sweet - I have the Nextel chirp if anyone wants it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 11:13 AM
    Sweet - I have the Nextel chirp if anyone wants it.

CAn you send me or link the nextel chrip?
    03-31-10 11:32 AM
    I can either email it or MMS it. Send me your info by email to [email protected] or to pin:30C787E0 and I'll shoot it right to you...

03-31-10 11:59 AM
    I love how a new feature is released and is less than 48 hours old, and people go to the forums asking questions and get mad when people don't respond immediately. It's brand new. People need to learn it and experiment with it before they can answer questions. Heck, the ones that would answer are probably doing just that rather than looking at the forums.
    03-31-10 12:46 PM
    I tried this, but it did not seem to work. Any other ideas how to change this and get it to work?
    03-31-10 06:56 PM
    to change the tone go into the sounds menu, then hit set ringtones/alerts, and click on phone. it is under there.

if you want something different than the default sounds, you will need to download one and set it
    03-31-10 08:07 PM
    Anyone know if you can ptt other phones not on vzw? Like a nextel? Or is it strictly tours?

03-31-10 10:12 PM
    Push to Talk
    Push to Talk – Push to Talk phone required Push to Talk connects only to other Verizon Wireless Push to Talk subscribers. For optimal Push to Talk performance, all callers on a Push to Talk session must have an EV-DO Rev. A–capable device and be receiving EV-DO service. A Push to Talk call will automatically time out after ten (10) seconds of inactivity and voice calls will go directly to Voice Mail while you are on a Push ot Talk Call. When on a voice call, you cannot receive a Push to Talk call. You cannot prevent others who have your wireless phone number from entering you into their Push to Talk contact list. Only one person can speak at a time during Push to Talk calls. Presence information may not be available for all Push to Talk contacts and its timeliness may be impacted by the network registration status of a Push to Talk contact. Coverage not available everywhere. Push to Talk on BlackBerry: Push to talk is available on select BlackBerry smartphones with compatible firmware. $29.99 Push to Talk Only Plan not available for BlackBerry. You must download the Push to Talk client application from BlackBerry Application Center or VZStart. Unless you subscribe to an unlimited Global data feature, you should disable the Push to Talk client when travelling outside the US to avoid unnecessary charges. Push to Talk is not available over WiFi networks.
    04-01-10 10:29 AM
    Has anyone figured out how to change the ppt incoming sound notification (not the alert)?

Thanks
    06-24-11 05:24 PM
    Anyone figured this out yet, the sound from Verizon does suck and it"s kind of dumb!!!....
    Can somebody look at this I can not figure it out either.
    08-31-11 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD