I downloaded the PTT feature and enabled it, but when I push the PTT button it opens for a second then says PTT disabled, any ideas?
    04-30-10 01:44 PM
    same problem here...
    04-30-10 02:01 PM
    happen to me to. I think you have to enable it on your account so it would be like adding data to your account. I called verizon and ask if its free.. and there like its 5 bucks a month free trail for 30 days.. i'm like.. ok thanks .. so yeah idk if it true that its free since the guy at verizon said its 5 bucks a month..
    04-30-10 02:20 PM
    There are alot of VZW customer service reps that are unaware that this promotion is free. I called, the gentleman I spoke with looked into it, and yes it is infact free to add PTT to your plan if you have a Tour. You must call and add the PTT feature to your plan before you can use PTT. I believe in the comments on the blog post someone listed the promotion code number for the free PTT.
    04-30-10 02:40 PM
    i'm probably going to try PTT since it's free for contract term. Are there any catches to that? Does it cause battery drain or lag?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 05:41 PM
    To those having problems with the PTT on your BB Tour have you went into Options > PTT Options > and put the PTT Mode to Enabled?

Yes I know a easy answer, but of course it may be just as easily overlooked beside having the PTT feature added to your acct and yes there is a free promo for the life of your contract as long as you keep the qualifying features on your account. ie: Data Plan for BB, if a single line think it's $39.99 or higher and the PTT feature. You can also qualify as a secondary line if the other features, data plan, PTT feature are there.

00smurf
    04-30-10 05:51 PM
    i just called and talked to customer service and the gy put it on my account and said it was free. i checked my verizon on verizon's website and it said under discounts 100% PUSH TO TALK
    04-30-10 07:48 PM
    Ya this was already addressed in another thread.
    I called and was very nice with the rep and said that I had recently downloaded the Version 5 software the other day and had two issues. 1) I was having two problems with my phone since, the click issue and streaming apps were not working correctly and buffering all the time. 2) I was aware that there was a free Push to Talk plan and would like to have it added. The rep said yes there was and added it and here is proof.

04-30-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD