So you now have PTT. Neato! Just because you can use it does NOT give you the right to just BARGE into someones daily activites.
    I get irritated when people just key up the mic and start talking. It like hey stupid a$$ I'm sleeping. But people need to realize you can't just barge in. Do you know what I'm doing or where I'm at? No. Press the mic once then let go. It will make a ptt sound on my phone and if I'm available I'll answer otherwise I'll get back to you later when I'm not busy. People really need to no proper ptt manors. Show some respect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 05:44 PM
    Unless the people doing this to you read this forum...we're not the ones you need to be saying this to.

Sounds to me like a really good reason not to get PTT.
    04-02-10 05:48 PM
    I posted this because some don't really realize what thay are doing. I meant for new users of ptt to read this so they don't become an a$$ to their friends and who ever. Its just in general.

04-02-10 05:51 PM
    So you now have PTT. Neato! Just because you can use it does NOT give you the right to just BARGE into someones daily activites.
    I get irritated when people just key up the mic and start talking. It like hey stupid a$$ I'm sleeping. But people need to realize you can't just barge in. Do you know what I'm doing or where I'm at? No. Press the mic once then let go. It will make a ptt sound on my phone and if I'm available I'll answer otherwise I'll get back to you later when I'm not busy. People really need to no proper ptt manors. Show some respect.

So now you have PTT!! Learn how to use it, if you are planning on sleeping and don't want to be disturbed then shut it off!
    04-02-10 06:04 PM
    So now you have PTT!! Learn how to use it, if you are planning on sleeping and don't want to be disturbed then shut it off!
    You can't see the trees through the forest. Has nothing to do with just sleeping. I do turn off my phone when in bed or it goes off all night long from facebook and emails. I meant for never before ptt users that don't realize what they are doing.
    So your saying I now have to power off my phone when at the office, in a meeting, in the check out line ect. before all I had to do was silence or ignore the call. But ptt can just barge in so now I just need to leave my phone off so rude a$$e$ can't barge when all they need to do is learn the ptt manors.
    Last edited by abtjason; 04-02-10 at 07:02 PM.
    04-02-10 06:54 PM
    What are "manors"??
    04-02-10 08:08 PM
    There should be a do not disturb setting of some kind, that you, yourself can set so that no one can interrupt your peace and quiet, or meetings. As I see it, it is up to you to shut off your services or alerts when you wish to not be disturbed.
    04-02-10 08:17 PM
    What are "manors"??
    LOL. wapforums blues...
    04-02-10 08:43 PM
    What are "manors"??
    Large fancy houses????
    04-02-10 08:47 PM
    You can't see the trees through the forest. Has nothing to do with just sleeping. I do turn off my phone when in bed or it goes off all night long from facebook and emails. I meant for never before ptt users that don't realize what they are doing.
    So your saying I now have to power off my phone when at the office, in a meeting, in the check out line ect. before all I had to do was silence or ignore the call. But ptt can just barge in so now I just need to leave my phone off so rude a$$e$ can't barge when all they need to do is learn the ptt manors.
    I cant really understand why the rant.

Wouldn't those "rude a$$e$" be friends of yours trying to reach a friend? Birds of a feather, huh?

What you need to do is teach YOUR friends some "manors", not come on here and rant at everyone.

Besides, PTT is optional. If you don't like it, turn it off.

Sounds simple enough........duh!
    04-02-10 08:52 PM
    How does this feature work?
    04-02-10 08:55 PM
    Large fancy houses????
    That's what I was thinking ....
    04-02-10 08:56 PM
    Simply go into your options and then ptt options and disable, not that hard....or just put your phone on vibrate and the people "barging" in will not come out of the speaker phone, they can however still be heard by putting the phone up to your ear.
    04-02-10 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD