It looks like the only key allowed for PTT on the Tour is the 'Left' convenience key

I hope I'm wrong... I like to use Vlingo for my left key and the camera for the right key. Frankly, I never use the mute button on the top right, would love to use that for PTT... or even another key from the keyboard that I would not need during PTT session.

Anyone know of a way to assign it to another key? What will happen if I enable it and try to use Vlingo? Which app wins (my guess is that the most recent one gets the key and it won't switch back (e.g. PTT would use the left key and not go back to Vlingo when disabled)...

Arrghhh....
    03-30-10 07:32 PM
    You can only assign it to the left side key..
    03-30-10 08:57 PM
    It looks like the only key allowed for PTT on the Tour is the 'Left' convenience key

I hope I'm wrong... I like to use Vlingo for my left key and the camera for the right key. Frankly, I never use the mute button on the top right, would love to use that for PTT... or even another key from the keyboard that I would not need during PTT session.

Anyone know of a way to assign it to another key? What will happen if I enable it and try to use Vlingo? Which app wins (my guess is that the most recent one gets the key and it won't switch back (e.g. PTT would use the left key and not go back to Vlingo when disabled)...

Arrghhh....
    You have never used PTT, have you?
    03-30-10 10:00 PM
    Nope...

Actually, it can be assigned to the right button key (at least it can in the BB Options)... I'd prefer to have my PTT be on the right side, my Vlingo on the left and my camera can be an icon (I'm not taking pics everyday)...

But I guess I should wait until I have someone to PTT with

Your right, however, that using another key other than one of the sides (or maybe the mute button) would probably not work well
    03-30-10 10:43 PM
    Nope...

Actually, it can be assigned to the right button key (at least it can in the BB Options)... I'd prefer to have my PTT be on the right side, my Vlingo on the left and my camera can be an icon (I'm not taking pics everyday)...

But I guess I should wait until I have someone to PTT with

Your right, however, that using another key other than one of the sides (or maybe the mute button) would probably not work well
    To have the PTT key somewhere else other than the side key wouldn't really make sense because you have to hold it down while you are speaking. It would be very uncomfortable to have it any other way. Look @ all the Nextel phones, the dedicated PTT key is on the left side of the device. The best option would be to have the PTT on the left where it's supposed to go and move whatever you have there to the other side. Hope that helped a little, since I come from using a long line of PTT Nextel phones since 2002.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD