hello everyone,

(normal) so i go to sounds,set ring tones/alerts, and adjust the tones/volume...

however, once i activate any other profile (medium/loud), and try to adjust those sounds, it adjusts it for normal or any other profile as well. its as if i only have one profile one my phone. any suggestions?

i just got my tour and i am running 4.7.1.40. my curve was seemingly easier to adjust the sound profiles for. i could set how many vibrates i wanted for email/bbms/phone calls. unless i havent found it yet, i dont see the tour doing that?

appreciate any input
    09-28-09 11:11 AM
    I used to run .40 and have lots of issues (camera not working at times, profiles reseting to "normal"...in general i think this OS is just buggy.

My first suggestion would be to upgrade OS, i am running 5.0.0.230 and it's been great so far. My second suggestion is for you to do a battery pull and reset your profiles. Everytime i did a battery pull .40 OS seems to start working properly. Hope this helps.
    09-28-09 11:23 AM
    ive read that some users have had difficulties with some apps after upgrading to 5.0 (facebook,maps). have you had aa similar experience?
    09-28-09 11:39 AM
    ive read that some users have had difficulties with some apps after upgrading to 5.0 (facebook,maps). have you had aa similar experience?
    facebook is updated for 5.0
    09-28-09 11:41 AM
    All adjustments you make are for the normal profile which the tour. You need to add a custom profile and then you can change all the settings there. I made 3 new profiles and just use those

Here is a recap
    Customize Sound Profiles on the BlackBerry Tour | CrackBerry.com
    09-28-09 02:12 PM
    After upgrading to 5.0 all my apps seem to work well except Quickpull. No other issues.
    09-28-09 02:19 PM
    Does 5.0 actually restore the ability to edit any of the separate profiles? Can I edit the normal profile and make [email protected] vibrate twice and repeat the ringtone 3 times, while [email protected] vibrates only twice but rings 3 times, too? In other words, the advanced editing I had on my 8830?
    09-28-09 03:02 PM
    I was actually coming in here to talk about this when i saw this thread. I noticed today that when you edit a profile, it edits them all. Not cool ....
    09-28-09 03:10 PM
    It does not update your custom profiles you setup only the standard ones already on the phone
    09-28-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD