Checking to see if anyone knows if this is possible on this phone.
    I used to do this on my Curve. I have a few contacts I really need to create exceptions for and for the life of me I can't figure out a way to do it on the Tour.
    Someone please help.
    I want to have my phone on my silent or vibrate profile and still have alerts sound for a one or two contacts.
    They can't have made that impossible.
    Isn't that part of having a blackberry is the extensive contact list and what you can do with it?
    I can't go back to my curve, I love that my phone doesn't crash on me for running more then two or three apps but I need this too.
    10-14-09 04:42 AM
    To do this, go to the contact you want to ring no matter what, and edit it. Scroll down to the custom Ring Tones/Alerts section and select the alert you want to modify. Choose your ringtone, and change the volume to what you want it to ring at. Selecting Active Profile will cause it to use the currently selected profile (vibrate only, silent, etc) which is not what you want.
    10-14-09 10:00 AM
    You also may want to look at Message Alerts from Webmessanger.com. I use this to control all my notification since I am on call 24/7. With this application, I can set it so only certain message, phone calls etc come through all the time and other do nothing after 8opm.

It allows for good nights sleep.

"+mablackberry+"
    10-14-09 10:23 AM
    Wow, you'd think I was new to this. I can't believe I didn't figure that out.
    I set it on silent and tried the settings for one conatact on phone and messages and it worked.
    Thank you so much for the help.
    10-14-09 03:38 PM
    i still miss the exceptions though. i liked being able to choose when those were in effect. if i just assign a ringtone to a contact its always in effect unless i want to edit it every time. i have this problem on my storm. i was hoping someone had some insight
    11-04-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD