I went and downloaded the needed OS from East Asia and now when I try to update it says that there is nothing I need to and can update. There was nothing there and it says there is no updates needed for my device...which there clearly is.

All it lets me update is the Library and Portugese Script support.

Help?
    10-04-09 05:17 PM
    After you downloaded the OS, did you run the file on your computer to install it, and then delete the vendor.xml file from your computer?
    10-04-09 05:21 PM
    yea and when i go to the availible updates it will not let me update it. i select the new update and it says that there are no updates for my device
    10-04-09 05:27 PM
    I had the same problem, found no solution.... But when I downloaded OS to my laptop I was able to update, so just try to update using another PC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 06:48 PM
    i only have one PC
    10-04-09 07:01 PM
    upp need help for this
    10-05-09 10:31 AM
    I was having this issue also. Make sure you have gone into control panel and deleted the .40 operating system. That may be one issue. In the end the only was I was able to do it was through the program Shrink A OS. Don't know why just know that's the way I had to do it.
    10-05-09 11:14 AM
    how do you do either? you lost me
    10-05-09 02:05 PM
    Go to control panel and then add/remove programs in xp or whatever it's called in Vista. Remove any bb software other than dm. You can then try and see if dm will pick up the update or try apploader. Both of these didn't work for me. There is a program called Shrink A OS you can download to your pc that you remove thinks from the os, hence the name. I don't have a link for the download but you can search here and should find plenty of info on how to use it and links.
    10-05-09 04:30 PM
    Make your backups with DM and then close it. Navigate to the folder the OS update installed in. Delete vendor.xml file(s), and run loader.exe file in that folder. Should work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 04:51 PM
    Are you by any chance running on Windows Vista? I found that the only way it would recognize an update was if I went through app loader as opposed to Desktop Manager. Right click on app loader, and click Run as administrator. Hope this helps.
    10-06-09 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD