I just had updated my Blackberry Tour to .624 and my trackball isn't working as good. I try to click on stuff while on the web broswer and it won't do it. It has become difficult to click pretty much anything.. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    05-09-10 01:50 PM
    Its most likely not a problem with your trackball (hardware) but with the .624 build of the OS (software)... I know there have been a lot of leaks, as well as VZW's .591, that have had this issue; I haven't heard if it was present in the Sprint build or not.

Regardless, I recommend you install the .643 build that leaked sometime last week (I think around May 1st). I've been using it since then and it does not have the browser-click problems.

You can find it [HERE].
    05-09-10 01:58 PM
    I tried going on that link you put on and it is saying that the file is unavailable. Do you think that .662 could fix the click problem as well?
    05-09-10 02:04 PM
    I tried going on that link you put on and it is saying that the file is unavailable. Do you think that .662 could fix the click problem as well?
    People (here on CB) say that it does. If you wait a minute though, I'll upload my copy of .643 for you.
    05-09-10 02:10 PM
    Okay thank you!
    05-09-10 02:13 PM
    Asanch21, PM me your email address and I'll send you the invitation to download the copy of .643 I just uploaded.
    05-09-10 02:34 PM
    Hey thanks for sending me this. I'll be working on this now.
    05-09-10 02:41 PM
    Hey thanks for sending me this. I'll be working on this now.
    Yep. Let me know how it works out and if there is anything else you need! Welcome to Crackberry!
    05-09-10 02:54 PM
    Yeah the .591 OS radio file supposedly has the "browser-click" issue. I know OS's prior to .591 operating systems were fine, but the .591 is when it started. There may be a newer OS other than that one, which may correct the clicking issue.

I'm 99% sure it isn't a hardware problem because I had that problem when I had .591 and now since I installed a hybrid of a different version, the browser-click issue is virtually gone.
    05-10-10 02:11 AM
    Yeah the .591 OS radio file supposedly has the "browser-click" issue. I know OS's prior to .591 operating systems were fine, but the .591 is when it started. There may be a newer OS other than that one, which may correct the clicking issue.
    Well, that's only true in terms of "offical" releases. There were quite a few leaks out there in and around the 500's that had some nasty browser-click issues as well (.551, .548, .530). I think it really started with the leak of .530... Even the platform patch VZW put out for .591 didn't fix the issues, but I didn't really expect it to. :P

Regardless, it seems that all has been worked out now. .643 is one of the most solid and stable OS builds I have run on this device or any other that I have owned. Too bad it took the entire lifespan of the device (now that VZW is killing it and the BOLD 9650 has come along to replace it) for a pretty dang good OS to come out for the thing. There were others that I liked (.419 being one) but this guy is my favorite!
    05-10-10 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD