I'm new to the BB 9630, so this may or may not be an known issue. I am having trouble assigning ringtones to my SMS alrerts, phone, MMS, etc. I can assign them but they seem to keep changing. I have individual alerts for my kids when they call, and when they text (all different), and it seems that they override my default ringtones. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? Or is there an update that I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10-08-09 12:29 AM
    what operating system do you have? click options>about.
    10-08-09 01:06 AM
    Here's a write-up where I figured out how to fix this, sorta...

Click;
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/te...better-294419/
    10-08-09 07:55 AM
    Thanks for the input/information. I just upgraded to the latest OS that was released last week, 4.7.1.57. What I have noticed is that when SMS text messages seem to use the last ringtone that came across my phone. If my oldest daughter calls, her ringtone is "Centerfield" by John Fogerty. After her calls, my texts all use that. When the youngest calls, I have a Kenny Chesney one for her, and - you guessed it- the texts now are Kenny. Not sure why this his happening. I've got custom ringtones for them, as well as custom text tones. Very strange problem, I'll have to admit. I wonder, does it matter if ringtones are kept on the phone, or on the media card??

10-12-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD