I was having a problem connecting to put files in explorer mode, however, this was resolved by changing the setting on the Tour from Prompt to Automatic under "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" Not sure why this made a difference, but it did.

Anyhow, I can now connect, however, when moving a file over, it stops while in the process of moving the file and the computer gives me an error that the location can't be found. Basically, what it seems is happening is the BB is disconnecting and then reconnecting itself while in the process of moving a file over. Any idea how to fix this?

Update: I reformatted the media card. I was able to get one large video file onto the card without a problem, but when I went to move a second file over, in the middle of the transfer the same thing happened, as if the device is timing itself out or something and disconnecting itself but then instantly the box pops up asking me what I want to do as if I had just connected it.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I really don't want to have to take it into tech support at Sprint.
    Last edited by ska11153; 12-02-09 at 11:37 PM.
    12-02-09 11:01 PM
    did you try rebooting your comp?
    12-02-09 11:37 PM
    No, I will reboot now. Also, I want to point what is weird is before I reformatted it I moved over whatever was on the card to my pc, and while doing that it worked fine and moved everything over without disconnecting or anything. Will restart, be back in a few after testing
    12-02-09 11:43 PM
    occasionally weird stuff like that(not exactly that) happens to me, and a fresh boot of the comp usually does the trick.
    12-02-09 11:47 PM
    Rebooted Computer, Rebooted the BB, changed USB ports, turned off connection to the network so there is nothing interrupting, I even reformatted the card again. Still is not working, right in the middle of the transfer it just disconnects.
    12-02-09 11:57 PM
    Try opening device manager in your PC. Then double click Universal Serial Bus Controllers>double click USB root hub, click on power management and make sure that Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is not checked.
    12-03-09 12:07 AM
    Update: Even when using media sync and transferring music over, in the middle it just disconnected itself. Anyone have any ideas before I take it back?
    12-03-09 12:27 AM
    Try opening device manager in your PC. Then double click Universal Serial Bus Controllers>double click USB root hub, click on power management and make sure that Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is not checked.
    I checked all of them and this was not checked on any of them. Also, I want to point out this is a new tour I got today replacing my first one because I had a sound quality issue with my first one, however, on that one I never had any problems transferring files or syncing music.
    Last edited by ska11153; 12-03-09 at 12:31 AM.
    12-03-09 12:29 AM
    Anyone have any ideas? I have since wiped and reinstalled OS, and it still does does the same thing. Some times right away, other times after it has started transferring and is partially finished. Again, it just disconnects itself in the middle of the transfer but then since it's plugged in the box pops up asking me what I want to do as if it is just reconnecting itself again.

Anyone have any ideas before I take this back to the store??
    12-03-09 07:14 AM
    Is this a very large file that you are transferring or something modest in size? Just stuff you already had on the device? Is it always locking up on the same file or differeent files?
    12-03-09 09:01 AM
    I am putting large files, like 800MB video files, but it does it very early on in the transfer, so I don't think it has to do with the size of the file. And it does it with all sorts of files, not just these. It is doing it with music files through the Media Sync application as well. I just got back from the Sprint Store and the tech told me it was because I was running 5.0. So now I have to download and install the approved Sprint OS and see if it happens.
    12-03-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD