So I'm not that technologically advance, but I know that my BB has problems. One time I was using it once I got out of the shower and it got slightly wet... I reset it and everything but the trackball worked (it works directionally, but you can't select anything with it). More recently, while I have been talking on a phone call the call would drop, the screen would turn black, and the flashing red light would go off and my BB would restart itself. The battery level was completely fine, but when it rebooted my battery was dead. And my BB always takes soo long to reboot (at least 10-15 minutes). Can anyone help me??
    06-19-11 06:14 PM
    Tours are notoriously slow to start, but a lot of it is dependent on the OS and whether you've trimmed it down, which it sounds like you haven't.

Trackball selection-it sounds as if the trackball dome switch beneath the trackball unit itself either shirted or collapsed. You can get on YouTube and there are videos on how to replace this switch. Until you can replace it, the 'enter' key can be used to select.

Sounds like your battery needs a fresh replacement. New D-X1s are available from amazon.com for a decent price. The trackball dome switches are also available.

One of the worst places you can take a BlackBerry is into a bathroom, especially while showering. The moisture-laden air infiltrates easily, and has a tendency to wreak havoc on electronics as you try to use them. Just a tip that has been passed along to the unsuspecting and unwary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 06-19-11 at 06:26 PM.
    06-19-11 06:21 PM
    THanks for the help... how can I trim down the OS?
    06-19-11 06:22 PM
    I recommend some reading first, but you can use BBSAK or Shrink-a-OS to pare the 'fat' out of a bloated OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/how-shrink-os-348769/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbh...te-jad-476404/

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

The operating system can be tweaked to make it more efficient. It is a skill worth learning, and can make a world of difference in how your device operates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD