I like the bedside mode. Recharges and gives me an alarm clock as a bonus! But, since I upgraded to the official Verizon 4.7.1.61 version it only works sometimes. It goes to the clockface and dims when I insert the Blackberry in the stand but most of the time it is on the home screen in the morning. Also, sometimes the settings I have given for the bedside (no alarms) have been reset to normal when I leave the bedside mode and sometimes they are not. Anyone else seeing this? Suggestions?
    01-03-10 09:03 PM
    Not sure about the alarms... have you had 5.0 on your blackberry ever?

i ask because 5.0 has time frame options where you can set bedside mode to turn on/off at set times, but if you switch back to 4.7, then it will restore your settings, including the timeframes, but there are no options in 4.7 clock to change these (i was stuck with bedside mode on at 11pm and off at 8am, and no way to change unless i went back to 5.0, turned it off, then went back to 4.7)
    01-03-10 09:10 PM
    I've been having problems with Bedside Mode as well.

When I the select the option for the screen to NOT dim and have the clock visible at all times, the screen dims any way after a few minutes. I use the Tour charging pod and wonder if this is related it to it?
    01-07-10 08:24 PM
    I am having problems as well! The latest 4.7 Verison OS is buggy with the alarm clock. The profile that you select for the bedside mode carries over and replaces the one used when you exit bedside. Oh well... I'm living with it and making sure that I just choose the option that maintains the current profile.
    01-08-10 01:47 AM
    I'm still getting a few "notices" while it's in bedside mode. Am I setting it correctly? Also, how do I get my clock to dim? Mine stays lit up all night and gets annoying. Sometimes I hear SMS come through, other times it's email, once in a great while nothing comes through. Am I doing something wrong?
    02-04-10 11:47 PM
    I'm still getting a few "notices" while it's in bedside mode. Am I setting it correctly? Also, how do I get my clock to dim? Mine stays lit up all night and gets annoying. Sometimes I hear SMS come through, other times it's email, once in a great while nothing comes through. Am I doing something wrong?
    Easiest way to change your settings is click on your clock app, then click the BB menu key then choose options. There are tons of things you can change on your clock, alarm, bedside mode....etc.
    02-04-10 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD