Before anyone gets on to me about posting a new thread related to problems yes I have posted in the big long problems thread several times with no responses to my specific problem.

I've seen a couple of issues with data connections on here, curious if anyone has gotten a stable 1XEV connection that was having problems with theirs originally?

In the past 48 hours I have seen 1XEV 5 or 6 times. Each time I'm able to connect to 1XEV it will stay connected for about 15-30 seconds and then drop down to 1xev and flicker between that and 1x. After that it won't even come back up to 1X unless I go into manage connections and reset the connection. For the most part I'm sitting on 1X which is unbearably slow and not what I'm paying $30 extra a month for.

I've tried virtually everything and nothing solves the problem. I've tried battery pulls, resending service books, registering host routing tables, turning the connection on and off, ##000000 sip password vzw, #228 options 1 and 2. Is this just me or is anyone else having the same problem? This is just ridiculous. Even my bug riddled Storm could hold a 1XEV connection everywhere within 100 miles of Houston as well as the old beaten up 8830 I was using for the past 2 months.
    07-16-09 08:18 PM
    As a tech for VZW - I have the same issue and did on my curve as well. I had a trouble ticket done for my area and found that EVDO here will do this. I have but weak.

Just to have your area checked out call tech and get a trouble ticket done for your area.
    07-16-09 08:24 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I highly doubt it's my area. My friends with BB's last night (Storm/Curve) were picking up full 1XEV signal all night while I was stuck on 1X/1xev. It was working fine on my 8830 all day waiting for my Tour to get here on Tuesday and then BOOM as soon as I switched over to the Tour nothing.
    07-16-09 08:29 PM
    I was stuck on 1X until a battery pull... now its pure EVDO. And its FAST too.
    07-16-09 08:36 PM
    call tech support and make sure your provisioning is correct. they might have to reset some things in mtas and the switch.
    07-16-09 08:38 PM
    mine did that at first. After a few visits to *228 option #2 and a few battery pulls and a few connection manager (turn all connections off) then back on, it got better. Last 3 days I'm always on 4-5 bars EVDO now.
    07-16-09 08:41 PM
    I am having the same problem as the OP in my home only. The extender is not helping much
    07-16-09 11:10 PM
    I'm also a Tech for VZW and as of late, (last week or so) there has been an EVDO issues with activations of new Blackberrys. The fix is kind of strange though. You have to activate your old blackberry, use the net one time, then go to network settings turn of radio, and then on the new black berry with the radio turned off, reactivate.

Not sure why this is a fix, but its what we have been told to do and it has been working. Something to do with a communication error between the bb server and the new devices. This goes for all blackberrys old or new, if it has been activated in the last week or so.
    07-16-09 11:14 PM
    Mine is almost always in 1XEV and it is really fast
    07-16-09 11:17 PM
    I haven't had any issue with mine connection speeds.
    07-16-09 11:29 PM
    out of curiousity what is the difference between ev and EV?
    07-16-09 11:32 PM
    out of curiousity what is the difference between ev and EV?
    ev is no data. I'll give tech a call tomorrow and hopefully they can fix it. Everytime I hit full EVDO it drops back down to 1xev and will not come back up to even 1X without resetting my connection to the network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD