Let me begin by saying that I have spent countless hours reading the Tour forum. I visit several times a day and began reading before the Tour even launched. I have searched for this issue, but I really haven't found anything similar to what I'm having problems with.

On my Curve the BB menu key always took me to the menu. This button on my Tour takes me to the open apps I have running. I have to keep trying this over and over until finally the menu key actually opens up the menu. I thought that the alt and back buttons brought up the open apps??!!!
    Why is mine doing this? Is it supposed to be? Please help!!!
    09-01-09 04:55 PM
    If you hold down on it the open apps will display, but if you just push or tap it, it will open the menu.
    09-01-09 05:00 PM
    Go to Options->Screen/Keyboard and set your Key Rate to something slower. The faster that is, the faster you have to press the menu button (before it registers as a 'hold')
    09-01-09 05:09 PM
    Thanks for the replies!
    I changed the key rate to Normal....it was set on Fast, so I'm sure that was the problem. Thanks again.
    09-01-09 05:13 PM
    It's a new feature in the new o/s's... just like nastyneil said if you hold it down it will bring up the "app switcher" which you can also get to by selecting "switch application" from the menu. If you have an issue with it coming up to fast you can also check your "key rate" in the options menu. Try this... select Options, Screen/Keyboard, Key Rate. I have mine on normal. Selecting fast does not determine how fast you can type per say... but only how fast each key responds to being held down instead of pressed once. I.E. when you hold down a letter to get caps, call a speed dial number, and also open the app switcher. I'm sure there are other features that the key rate effects but off the top of my head I can't think of anything else. Hope this helps
    09-01-09 05:16 PM
    Whoops if I would of paid attention to what I was typing instead of watching sportscenter I might not of replied after the question had been answered lol
    09-01-09 05:20 PM
    i was gonna answer as well, lol. but i see it has already been answered
    09-01-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD