Ok, so my old e-mail recently changed servers from the college where it originated to Google. Supposedly, my e-mail address is supposed to stay the same but I am no longer able to access it through my Tour. Is there something I need to change now that it's technically a Google e-mail account? Thanks!
    04-03-10 01:42 PM
    Delete your old email address from BIS and add the Google one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 01:57 PM
    I tried that. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Does anyone else have any idea how to fix this issue? It's extremely annoying because it's the e-mail address I use for everything and now I can no longer access it through my Tour. The problem seems to be that it's not technically a Google e-mail address. I've tried both the old version (i.e. [email protected]) as well as a new version ([email protected]) and neither seem to work. Would I need to combine the two somehow? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
    04-06-10 03:38 PM
    maybe contact your email admin and ask them how to.
    04-06-10 04:45 PM
    did you try @gmail.com vs @google.com?
    04-06-10 04:58 PM
    did you try @gmail.com vs @google.com?
    That's my thought.
    04-06-10 05:19 PM
    How do you sign on to use it on web mail?

04-06-10 05:27 PM
    Do you have bes? Try going to advanced option-enterprise setup. Maybe this will be a start. Mobile access to email, calendar, contacts, and more - Google Apps for business

Last edited by abtjason; 04-06-10 at 06:04 PM.
    04-06-10 06:02 PM
    I contacted the people responsible for the server switch (i.e. alumni relations) and they have no clue what to do about the problem. I've tried every single combination I can possibly think of and nothing is working. I'm thinking I might just have to get a new e-mail address, as much of a pain as that's going to be.

Apparently, even my Tour is getting frustrated. I just go an automated e-mail from Verizon BB Help, explaining how to set up e-mail. Unfortunately, I already know all the information they're trying to tell me.
    04-07-10 05:22 AM
    My business e-mail uses Gmail ([email protected]) and I just put it in and it worked under BIS. Try that? lol
    04-07-10 10:57 AM
    Make an email that work on your bb and then set your other one up to forward to the new address.
    04-07-10 03:43 PM
    My school just changed to google too. I just put in my email address with no @gmail. Just [email protected]. I had to add it to my phone bc I originally had it so it forwarded to my yahoo account (that was on my phone) but when they changed to google for some reason the forwarded emails wouldn't go to my phone. It just stayed in my inbox.
    04-07-10 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD