In the last month or so I have been having a problem with my Verizon Tour where I don't receive any e-mails for a period of time (some times as long as 1-2 hours) and then I received a whole bunch of e-mails all at the same time. I have noticed that some e-mails were actually sent many hours before I received them. Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? I already got a new phone and that didn't help. Is this a blackberry service issue. A verizon issue? I don't use Enterprise. Thanks in advance
    01-15-10 01:49 PM
    My mom isn't getting hers like normal either. We aren't using enterprise either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 03:17 PM
    Two things to try.

Resend your service though the BIS. If this does not work then through the BIS delete the email source and rebuild it. See if this helps
    01-15-10 03:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f49/not...pop-mail-1225/

This same thing was happening to me and i followed the directions in the above thread and now my email seems to work perfect.
    01-15-10 06:57 PM
    yeah, it probably has something to do client-side because im a vzw customer as well on BiS and e-mails are getting to me asap:

i use @live.com, @gmail.com, and @vzw.blackberry.net email services on my phone with no problem at all
    01-16-10 07:14 AM
    I've noticed lag in MSN.com emails also on VZW. They usually come through in about 8-10 mins but sometimes there is hours with no emails. I've called VZW customer service with this problem and they were able to tweak the provisioning within their system and it helped but I still get late emails 2 or 3 times a week. Blackberry.net emails get delivered within 2 seconds of being sent. There was a post about changing a http. Address to a POP through BIS but I could figure out how to do it, I didn't see the settings the post was talking about through VZW's set-up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 12:07 PM
    this happens on occasion. I don't think there's anything a consumer can do about it. Just glitches within the system.
    01-16-10 03:39 PM
    hi everyone,

im not sure if this will help but i think you should call blackberry. i just got mine for christmas and i was having email problems as well. specifically, i was getting emails two times and even if i would delete it from my computer AND my blackberry, i would still get them sometimes. it was really weird. i called verizon and they transferred me over to blackberry support and they were SUPER great. they helped my problem and its all fixed now. so if you are having trouble with your email, i def suggest giving blackberry customer service a call because they will most likely help you with the problem.

=) good luck!!
    01-16-10 10:05 PM
    I have gmail and no issues
    01-16-10 10:20 PM
    hi everyone,

im not sure if this will help but i think you should call blackberry. i just got mine for christmas and i was having email problems as well. specifically, i was getting emails two times and even if i would delete it from my computer AND my blackberry, i would still get them sometimes. it was really weird. i called verizon and they transferred me over to blackberry support and they were SUPER great. they helped my problem and its all fixed now. so if you are having trouble with your email, i def suggest giving blackberry customer service a call because they will most likely help you with the problem.

=) good luck!!
    what did RIM do?
    01-17-10 01:05 AM
    I also have the same problem. Sometimes my hotmail email gets to my phone within seconds, other times 10 minutes, and then there are plenty of other times were I get the email on my phone 3 or 4 hours later. Maybe it's just a msn hotmail issue?
    01-26-10 07:55 AM
    I also have the same problem. Sometimes my hotmail email gets to my phone within seconds, other times 10 minutes, and then there are plenty of other times were I get the email on my phone 3 or 4 hours later. Maybe it's just a msn hotmail issue?
    ive noticed that msn does this too, i think it may be msn server related. But delete your acount, and rebuilding it seems to help me.
    01-26-10 08:00 AM
    Go to your BIS site and make sure you revalidate your password, that is most likely the prob. 90% of the time thats it
    01-26-10 08:13 AM
    Most times as some one said emails problems on a BIS can be soved by sending the service books to your device. Go to the VZ BIS website login and under help look for send service books.
    01-26-10 08:24 AM
    Thanks. I went to the BIS site, clicked forgot password, and get an email saying I have no username or password and to use my device to access Blackberry Internet Service... Hmm...
    01-26-10 11:11 AM
    Yesterday I got 4 emails that had been sent to my hotmail account in October.
    01-26-10 02:16 PM
    Thanks. I went to the BIS site, clicked forgot password, and get an email saying I have no username or password and to use my device to access Blackberry Internet Service... Hmm...
    it is because your email was set up through the device, and does not require you to set up the user name and password, it will use your 10 digit number as a billing identifier, you can log on to the same site through your device by going to email settings (depending ono os will be located either in the set up folder, or will be a seperate icon on the main screen that looks like a globe with 2 envelopes, both will be labelled as email settings). from there you can make changes, validate current email acounts, or add new ones.
    01-27-10 08:52 AM
    I would also try a battery pull. Sometimes that does it for me. A few times after I have pulled the battery the emails come flowing in
    01-27-10 08:56 AM
    OK I'm recieving emails just not all of them. I get some on occation. But I check my email online and it shows I have like 40 plus emails that are not going to my phone. So I dont know what the deal is. I never had a prob with my old curve or my storm I had. But I dont have those phone anymore. I have a tour now.
    02-08-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD