Just got a second Tour. II use both my old opne and this one and wanted to have them both look the same. IE all email in my mailboxes to be on both BB's. I used the device switch wizard and everything fr the older tour (got it Jan 2010) was imported into the new Tour. Only problem is that the email didn't work. Called tech support- they sent new service books. Email then worked BUT all the emails that I had imported into each mailbox were gone, Well let me clarify. I have 6 mailboxes- the imported e-mails were wiped out of all the boxes except one. ALL my messages however were still present in the general message log.
    Back in January I used the switch to import everything from my 8830 to my first Tour- it inactivated the mailboxes but once new service book were sent all was fine. My imported e-mails were in each of the different mailboxes and new service books didn't remove them.

I have tried everything-wiped the device, installed new OS- nothing works. As soon as service books are sent they wipe each individual mailbox clean.

Does anyone know why this is happening. Both phones are part of a family plan. The new Tour is considered the additional line
    05-09-10 12:45 PM
    Did you create a BIS account with the new device's PIN? And did you add the email addresses to the BIS or via the Email Setup option?
    05-09-10 01:21 PM
    AT first I let the boxes get pulled into the new one via the transfer perthe advice of the person at Verizon. Then I went to BIS and validated the passwords. But when the service books were sent it still wiped out the messages . So then I deleted all the mailboxes and tried setting them up via the e-mail set-up option on the phone.
    I don't know if this is a factor but the transfer also pulls over the BB email address fr the older phone and I know that this mailbox can only be associated with one phone. Don't know if this is causing a problem- though I went into options and deleted it and my other boxes still got messed up.
    05-09-10 01:43 PM
    Oh and re the BIS account. It was an existing account first created when I got my 8830.
    05-09-10 01:45 PM
    Yes, but did you use the "Change Device" function on the BIS to enter the information for the new device?
    05-09-10 02:08 PM
    What is this? And does it matter if the emails accounts are on 2 blackberries at the same time?
    05-09-10 02:40 PM
    The BIS needs to know what the PIN number of the device to which you wish to have the email addresses pushed. Using the "Device Switch Wizard" in BlackBerry Desktop Manager puts the OLD data on the device. But you need to tell the BIS where to send the emails if you want new messages sent to the device.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

And, no, it shouldn't matter if the accounts are pushed to two devices.
    05-09-10 03:19 PM
    The problem isn't getting new e-mail. The problem is that after the old data is transgerred i have to send new service books to each of my mailboxes to reactivate them. This is causing all the transferred e-mails brought over from my other BB to be erased from each mailbox
    05-09-10 05:12 PM
    When you are resending your Service Books, are the email addresses showing up on BIS?
    05-09-10 05:19 PM
    Yes emails showed up in BIS and account was registered to the PIN of this device.Anyway- problem solved. I did the device switch taking all the data from the 8830 that this phone replaced instead of from my other Tour. Yes, I had to send new service books but when I did nothing got wiped out and now all my old e-mails are present in their respective folders as well as in the message log.
    Have no clue why this worked but glad it did. Thanks for your help!
    05-10-10 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD