Would it be possible to take the SIM card from my tour, and put it into another blackberry, such as a curve or storm? I know these phones dont have SIM cards besides the curve but it isnt on Verizon. Basically, is there any way I can play around with my phones and SIM cards with Verizon and Blackberry?
    09-28-09 08:10 PM
    I can't answer your actual question as I have never tried it but the Storm does take a sim card. I tried transferring the sim from my storm to my world and it didn't work but the world does not take a storm sim.
    Sorry I can't be of more help.
    09-28-09 08:48 PM
    You can insert your SIM card into any CDMA phone but not a GSM phone because they do not support CDMA networks...
    09-28-09 08:53 PM
    You can insert your SIM card into any CDMA phone but not a GSM phone because they do not support CDMA networks...
    If I were to do this I wouldnt have to pay anything correct? My phone and plan would just be switched to the phone once I turn it on? Which blackberries can I use for this, if any?
    09-29-09 10:08 AM
    If I were to do this I wouldnt have to pay anything correct? My phone and plan would just be switched to the phone once I turn it on? Which blackberries can I use for this, if any?
    Well, it depends. If you have a GSM carrier and you use another GSM bberry, it's not a problem. For instance, from an At&t to another At&t. I used to do it all the time. In fact, i even did it with an iphone, so from a bberry to an iphone and vice versa.

However, if you have a GSM carrier and used a GSM compatible CDMA bberry like the storm, certain things work but some may not like the HSPA (3G) in North America because the frequencies are different (the phone needs to be unlocked of course).
    Last edited by dcgore; 09-29-09 at 11:14 AM.
    09-29-09 10:59 AM
    CDMA phones do not have sim cards, however the storm and the tour do because they are also world phones. The sim card slots, when used with a cdma carrier (ie sprint, verison, telus, bell) are INACTIVE and do not have anything to do with your connection.

The sim cards that come with the phone are an international roaming card that are only used when travelling to a country with no CDMA network for the phone to connect to. This is extremely expensive.

So to try to answer your question, you can only use your phone on the carrier it was intended for, unless it is unlocked. If you do unlock it, you can put your friends sim card in your phone and it will work, but you cannot switch your cdma service to a gsm phone.
    09-29-09 07:42 PM
    CDMA phones do not have sim cards, however the storm and the tour do because they are also world phones. The sim card slots, when used with a cdma carrier (ie sprint, verison, telus, bell) are INACTIVE and do not have anything to do with your connection.

The sim cards that come with the phone are an international roaming card that are only used when travelling to a country with no CDMA network for the phone to connect to. This is extremely expensive.

So to try to answer your question, you can only use your phone on the carrier it was intended for, unless it is unlocked. If you do unlock it, you can put your friends sim card in your phone and it will work, but you cannot switch your cdma service to a gsm phone.
    +1

10 char

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 07:53 PM
    For more information on unlocking your phone take a look at my other post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f157/tr.../#post3695865/
    09-30-09 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD