For the last 2 weeks, I've been receiving a call from a "private number." The calls come at either 10 or 11 AM and also at 2 or 3 PM like its happening on the hour. They are disconnected from the other end after 3 seconds...there is no one on the line, nothing computerized, no static, nothing. Anyone else having these issues? I have the latest VZW software fwiw.
    04-23-10 07:05 PM
    You are getting spam/telemarketer phone calls. Nothing more. It doesn't have anything to do with the device. Your phone number got on someone's list somehow.
    04-23-10 07:35 PM
    Try a call blocking software like Berry Buzz. I use it and never get bothered by a private caller. I also use YouMail so they can't leave a message when they call. Berry Buzz is about $5.00 and worth every penny!
    04-23-10 09:39 PM
    Try a call blocking software like Berry Buzz. I use it and never get bothered by a private caller. I also use YouMail so they can't leave a message when they call. Berry Buzz is about $5.00 and worth every penny!
    BerryBuzz is not a call blocking application. You must be confusing it with a different app.
    04-23-10 09:42 PM
    Try Call Control Blacklist Lite, it will allow you to block calls from private or unknown callers without purchasing the full version! Good luck!
    04-23-10 09:53 PM
    Have you tried putting your number into www.donotcall.gov ? I entered my number and haven't been bothered with telemarketers or anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 09:59 PM
    Thanks for the thoughts...I should be listed on donotcall list. If it weren't for banks and other potential business calls and the fact the local schools call from private numbers, I'd block restricted calls. Guess I'll just keep dealing with it.
    04-24-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD