........I know eventually prices drop but this seems a little quick. Is the wifi Tour coming out sooner than we think?........
    I bet that could be the case. But this makes up my mind for me. I was set on the Curve as my first BB by netting it for $0 with my NE2. But the Tour netting for $99.....I think it's no question, even if I couldn't take it as a business expense at the end of the year.

And then I sit pretty for 2 years until my next NE2 and what has come out by then.......
    08-25-09 12:57 PM
    Well, I was thinking of holding off and checking out the Storm 2 but a $50 price drop on the Tour was enough to get me to bite. That extra $50 will more than cover the price of my Seido case and Phantom Skinz screen protector.
    08-25-09 12:59 PM
    Newby here....what's a BOGO???
    BOGO is Buy One Get One.... Verizon is currently running a Buy One Get One Free promotion.
    08-25-09 01:00 PM
    Does this also apply if I bought the Tour at the original retail price? No upgrade or line?
    08-25-09 02:13 PM
    wow great customer service, first lady had no idea what she was doing. called again just now and they credited my account even after all they did for me to get the tour. bad storm experience and purchased a cruve on my own, manager gave me the 1yr price on the tour and also the rebate, and now the 50 buck diff.
    08-25-09 02:40 PM
    Ok well I went onto VerizonWireless.com last night and the price was updated to show the $50 reduction. So I call Verizon and ask about it and want to know if they can credit my account the $ since I bought 2 Tours last week. They deny me and I'm like whatever, I will just call back tomorrow.

5 minutes later the rep calls me back and tells me that he just read an email he received earlier and that he will credit me the difference! He even said "you were right" and apologized. Mind you that I was polite the entire time, even when I was first denied. Talk about customer service! That would have never happened with Sprint!
    08-25-09 02:44 PM
    I had about the same or a similar experience with Verizon as those already posting.

I read the price change post and figured I would give it a whirl. I called the 1800 customer service from a land-line. The first CSR told me since I bought the phone online through the VZW website that she needed to transfer me to the online sales dept. The CSR put me on hold and transferred me to a VZW Conference Call extension that was no longer in service, or so the recording said.

I hung up and called the 1800 service number again. I explained what happened on the first call and they apologized and pulled up my account info for me. The CSR said she couldn't just credit my account as a courtesy because I already had a courtesy credit this month from World Services. They credited me $50 for the world service promo that was floating around out there.

She said she could mail me the new rebate form but that VZW might not accept it since my purchase date was before the promo started.

I'm still within my 30 days I remind her but that didn't seem to matter.

I asked for a Supervisor and waited for about 10 minutes. Sometime in there the origional CSR came back on and said it would be a long time before I could talk to a Supervisor so I should just wait for a call-back. Naaah I will wait. I think she was just trying to dump me.

Supervisor came on in about 5 more minutes and I barely had to explain my request. She credited me the $50 in the price difference. I thanked her for assistance several times. That's what should have happened with the first CSR. I'm sure the employees are told to turn down requests and maybe they are doing their jobs in that respect. If it's black and white though, FIX IT.

Call and get your rebate if you're within your 30 days. It's called the price of doing business.
    08-25-09 03:38 PM
    Thanks for the head's up, Mike1022! Today is literally my 30 day anniversary with the Tour - I got the $50 credit in just under the wire.
    08-25-09 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the head's up, Mike1022! Today is literally my 30 day anniversary with the Tour - I got the $50 credit in just under the wire.
    No problem I am glad I can be of help. Anyways who wouldn't want to save $50 especially in today's economy.
    08-25-09 03:45 PM
    Bought 2 phones in a VZW store just over a week ago.

Called in today. Got 1 phone completely refunded from the BOGO offer that started the day AFTER the purchase and got $50 back on the other phone.

Really nice CS people in the last few days!

One question. I sent in the $100 rebates on both phones. Do you think they will catch the rebate for the free phone or send the $100 anyways?
    Last edited by Brohim; 08-25-09 at 04:21 PM.
    08-25-09 04:16 PM
    Just got off the phone with the VZW rep. and she credit my account. I only paid 49.99 for my Tour! Now thats a sweet deal!
    08-25-09 06:54 PM
    The more I read about that dissdected Storm 2 and all....I think I hold off soince it might be released earlier than we thought. Then if it's a "meh" device then I just get a Tour.
    08-25-09 07:03 PM
    I've been on the line with CS for 28 minutes now.

I bought my Tour on 7/31. 2 year price was 269.99 - 50.00 VIP early upgrade - 70.00 MIR. Bottom line total for phone will be 149.99 once I receive my rebate.

The current 2 year price is 249.99 - 100.00 rebate. Total 149.99.

If I had bought my phone this week instead of on 7/31, after rebate & VIP early upgrade discount, my bottom line total would have been $99.99.

BUT this dude Greg is telling me he can credit me $20, because that's the only difference between what I actually paid and what I would have paid if I had waited to get the phone now.

HUH? Is his calculator broken? I'm on hold waiting for a supervisor.
    08-25-09 07:38 PM
    So I ended up hanging up on the first rep because he left me on hold for 30 minutes. I called back and got a different rep, and he instantly understood what I was trying to say, whereas the first rep didn't understand the math.

So the second rep gave me a credit of $49.99 because that doesn't require supervisor approval, but $50 does require supervisor approval.

I logged into my account at verizonwireless.com & the credit is showing right now.

Yay for Bradley (2nd rep)!!!
    08-25-09 07:51 PM
    That's more like it.....although Best Buy has been running them at that price for at least 2 weeks. I got my Tour on sale at Best Buy for $129 and got what seems to be a solid phone out the gate.

Good info OP for people considering purchasing a Tour but not wanting to pay the advertised price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea I got mine at $149. But the catch is you have to pay the tax of the retail price which was still cheaper than verizon. I have had the phone a little over 30 days so can I ask best buy for the difference still? I could put gas in my car for that difference lol
    08-25-09 08:04 PM
    So I ended up hanging up on the first rep because he left me on hold for 30 minutes. I called back and got a different rep, and he instantly understood what I was trying to say, whereas the first rep didn't understand the math.

So the second rep gave me a credit of $49.99 because that doesn't require supervisor approval, but $50 does require supervisor approval.

I logged into my account at verizonwireless.com & the credit is showing right now.

Yay for Bradley (2nd rep)!!!
    I hella feel you here!! except mine was for something WAY different. I can just relate to how the first rep I talked to was a f*ckin *****, but the 2nd one a few days later was an ANGEL!! yay for LINDA!!!
    08-25-09 08:07 PM
    I went to the VZW store where I got my phone. They told me they didn't do a price adjustment, even within the thirty day window. I called CS they attempted to contact the store with no luck. He credited my account for the 50.00 difference. I hate dealing with the stores. I have always had better results with VZW CS.

08-25-09 11:39 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'll go ahead and call VZW CS.
    08-25-09 11:59 PM
    Just came back from a Best Buy. They hadn't done it yet, but the guy there said they will be lowering the price on their Tours to continue to be under the VZW price. What that will be, I don't know, but I suspect that since they were at $99 for a new 2 year that it will drop to $49 for a new 2 year....
    08-26-09 12:14 PM
    After requesting a supervisor and waiting for about 10 minutes, the CSR came back on and said they are crediting my account the $50 for having to wait for supervisor so long. Hmmm...is it possible you were wrong in not wanting to credit my account to begin with?! How soon will the credit apply? Will it come off my current balance or will it show up on my next billing cycle as a credit?
    08-28-09 09:45 AM
    Lame, called customer service and I have to go to the VZW store to get my $50. Hopefully I don't have any problems when we go there.
    08-28-09 07:16 PM
    i thought i hit the lottery when the $150 price came up. Actually i thought it was a website glitch and they would deny the sale. But lucky me i got the good deal.
    08-28-09 10:17 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD