Not an "I heard from a Verizon Rep." thread even though it may sound like it is going to be as you read through. More of a short story of excitement then disapointment...but nothing new or surprising really.

If any Mod feels this is in the wrong place I apologize in advance and please move it.

Had to call 611 the other day becasue my GF got charged for a ringtone that she bought but wasn't on her phone atferwards (I know, I know... I tell her all the time, tell me what you want and I'll make it into a ringtone and send to you...women) anyway, so I had to call to get the charge removed.
    While I was on the phone I asked when my upgrade date was, she told me and I asked if there was any word on any new smartphones coming out around that time. She actually said yes and asked if I would like to be transfered to sales and see about being put on a waiting list.
    Granted there were no specifics as far as what would be out but I was very excited thinking that I can maybe get on a pre order list for the 9630 /Tour.
    Well I sat on hold for a surprising short 2 minutes (thought it would have been a lot longer). The rep asks for my phone number and name and then tells me I am not eligable for an upgrade until June 17th. I told her yes, I know but I was transfered because I wanted to be put on the pre order or waiting list for the new Blackberry (this time I specified) that will be out around that time.
    Well, it was all down hill from there (not that I was surprised). "I'm sorry sir there is currently no pre order list for any phones that have not yet been announced." Of course I asked if the sales rep knew anything and they said "Sorry I have no information regarding any upcoming phones that have not been announced."

I was teased...I know I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up but I couldn't help it. Anyway...that's my story.
    05-07-09 09:12 AM
    wow...now i am really educated...
    05-07-09 09:51 AM
    that sucks dude
    05-07-09 10:07 AM
    you're lucky you wre only on hold for 2 minutes. if i was on hold thinking i was about to get a preorder for the tour... each second that ticked by would push me closer to insanity when it was all over. haha
    05-07-09 11:33 AM
    wow...now i am really educated...

Really wasn't meant to be educational...more for entertainment purposes if anything but more just because it happened and I felt like telling the story. Granted, not a great story but I figured if anyone could appreciate it it would be a few fellow crackheads here.

you're lucky you wre only on hold for 2 minutes. if i was on hold thinking i was about to get a preorder for the tour... each second that ticked by would push me closer to insanity when it was all over. haha
    Yeah it was an exciting couple minutes, that's for sure. I actually got up and started walking back an forth while I was waiting.
    05-07-09 01:01 PM
    hey I feel you but sometimes your mind simply leads you to believe what you want it to believe ;(
    05-07-09 04:07 PM
    I really do feel bad for you but you have to admit that during that 2 minutes you were on hold you were on here typing the title to your triumphant thread.
    05-07-09 04:20 PM
    I really do feel bad for you but you have to admit that during that 2 minutes you were on hold you were on here typing the title to your triumphant thread.

well that would be the case if he was on at&t you see cdma can't do voice and data at the same time

boom boom chhhssshhh
    05-07-09 05:17 PM
    well that would be the case if he was on at&t you see cdma can't do voice and data at the same time

boom boom chhhssshhh
    I was actually thinking he may have been using a little known item called a computer. God I love smart people, they are always thinking of ways to make you sound dumb. Insert overly dramatic catch phrase here!
    05-07-09 05:58 PM
    Now that's funny!
    05-12-09 01:17 PM
    I was actually thinking he may have been using a little known item called a computer. God I love smart people, they are always thinking of ways to make you sound dumb. Insert overly dramatic catch phrase here!

the boom boom chshhh was meant to show sarcasm obviously you didn't catch that and decided to take it personal I apologize that you did. So so sometimes it does take a smart person to figure something out

(text doesn't show personality, im very rarely angry or trying to make "fun" of someone, I wish that everyone just had a sense of humor )
    05-12-09 05:22 PM
    I think it's funny they said they don't have a pre-order list or any information on any phones that 'have not been announced.' Sounds like they know but they can't talk abou tit.
    05-12-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD