Hey everyone,

I wanted to know if RIM has fixed some of the hardware issues with the Tour as time has gone by since I plan on getting another Tour on the 10th of August (2 days before the 30 days are up). Sooo...post when you bought your Tour and if it has: A moving battery door, a ripply screen when you click on the trackball/menu button/back button, etc, high pitched noise while on a call, creaky housing, etc.

Got mine on 7/12, second one on 7/14. Still not happy. Second one was worse than the first but figured I'd wait until the last possible time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Stang68; 07-30-09 at 09:56 AM.
    07-30-09 09:42 AM
    I was the first person to purchase a Tour on the day it was released at the local VZW store (July 12th). I have had no problems with it whatsoever. The door moves 1mm max left to right and up and down, and I don't find that it is an issue in any sense (especially because I use a case). Trackball works fine, no ripple, no noises, no freezes.
    07-30-09 09:49 AM
    Purchased Monday July 27th around 7pm. Not one problem. I couldnt be any happier with this phone
    07-30-09 09:51 AM
    I bought my first Tour on the 12th. It had a loose battery door and a sticky trackball. The trackball would still move, but it would lag horizontally and was generally a pain in the rear.

Last night (7/29), I went and exchanged for a new Tour. PCB is 004 (no _A revision, if that's what it means) and was made in Mexico 5. Immediately my trackball was horrible and far worse than my first one, because now it felt like it was physically not moving at times when I scrolled from left to right. Also, I noticed my screen rippled if I pressed HARD on the sides.

This morning, I got to work and my trackball completely locked up. It wouldn't move at ALL to the right, no matter how hard or lightly I pressed. Extremely pissed off at this point, I then proceeded to hulk out and I pressed as hard as I could on the trackball and then I hear.... *CRACK*

I proceeded to jump back a few inches and think "Oh #@$%," but after unlocking my phone I soon realized that whatever I broke or loosened up inside now fixed the problem, and my trackball is now absolutely and totally perfect. And although I was getting screen ripples on the side last night by pressing HARD, during normal use I'm not experiencing any issues with that. My battery door is now also solid.

The only issue I have now is that third-party apps like UberTwitter and BerryBuzz are not being put in my "Other" section of my ringtones/alerts menu like they were before. This isn't a big deal as I never really used UberTwitter constantly and I don't use BerryBuzz reminders, but I'm just curious as to why they're not in there.

And now that I think about it, I can't recall having a high-pitched noise on my new phone, whereas the old one I definitely could hear it when the screen was on.
    Last edited by slinky317; 07-30-09 at 09:54 AM.
    07-30-09 09:51 AM
    Ordered from Sprint Websales on at 12:15am on 7/12, shipped 7/13, arrived 7/14. Very minor screen ripple, only noticed it because of all the screen ripple complaints on these boards. Otherwise, no issues.
    07-30-09 09:52 AM
    Ordered my Tour the 12th and have no problems what so ever with it. No muffle sound, no loose battery cover and has a nice tight keyboard. No complaints, LOVE my Tour!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-30-09 10:05 AM
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to know if RIM has fixed some of the hardware issues with the Tour as time has gone by since I plan on getting another Tour on the 10th of August (2 days before the 30 days are up). Sooo...post when you bought your Tour and if it has: A moving battery door, a ripply screen when you click on the trackball/menu button/back button, etc, high pitched noise while on a call, creaky housing, etc.
    Picked mine up on 7/22. Battery door is snug. No screen ripple. No high pitched noise on a call. No creaky housing. I have had none of the issues I have seen in the forums.
    Hope you get a good one, they are in circulation.
    07-30-09 10:15 AM
    I picked mine up last night (7/29).. Battery door is as tight as can be. (I had a Pearl Flip, and that battery door moved more). No screen ripple when using the track ball (or at any other time). Sound quality is great (in the 5 minutes or so I've used the phone. I'm very pleased, seems like a solidly built device.
    07-30-09 10:22 AM
    Well, it seems like its hit or miss! I'll have them open a few boxes for me then
    07-30-09 10:25 AM
    Ordered mine online 7/27 at 8:30 shipped that night, received it 7/28. No problems whatsover (knock on wood) and I am totally in love. This is my first BB and I don't think I'm ever looking back.

07-30-09 10:31 AM
    Ordered and shipped from Verizon on 7/14 through corporate account. Mine is 004_A and Mexico 5. Small amount of battery door movement. After starting out OK, left/right trackball movement finally became unbearable. Rolling right would after cause some left movements. Just got replacement, which is 004 and Mexico 5. Seems better. We'll see.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 08-23-09 at 02:49 PM.
    07-30-09 10:31 AM
    7/12
    Loose battery door and the screen sometimes ripples in the bottom left corner.

07-30-09 10:37 AM
    Purchased Sunday, July 26 from local Best Buy. Some minor screen ripple in the lower right-hand corner, but not enough that I notice it unless I'm specifically looking for it and intentionally pushing harder than normal to make it ripple. No trackball issues, battery door seems nice and tight, signal strength is on average better than Storm when compared side-by-side, call quality is fine, Bluetooth audio quality is leaps and bounds better than it was with the Storm. Is it absolutely 100% perfect? No. There's some backlight bleedthrough that I think probably shouldn't be there, but they all seem to have it, so it's not enough to make me exchange it for another one.
    07-30-09 10:39 AM
    Ordered mine on release days via online. Got it Tuesday. Phone was manufactured in Canada with a 7/7 Build date. It's a great device
    07-30-09 10:39 AM
    Ordered mine online 7/27 at 8:30 shipped that night, received it 7/28. No problems whatsover (knock on wood) and I am totally in love. This is my first BB and I don't think I'm ever looking back.

Cool, and welcome to Crackberry!
    07-30-09 10:40 AM
    Got mine the Monday after they were released and love it. None of the problems that others have mentioned.
    07-30-09 10:51 AM
    July 12th 10am at the Verizon store. The phone was PERFECT! Not 1 issue. Lost the phone 6 days later and received a replacement from Asurion that had a loose battery cover. Returned it and got a new one that has funny trackball issues. Tried the fixes but none have worked. It's not so bad where I would return the phone for another but does get annoying sometimes when I try to scroll to the left. It's my first BB and I will NEVER...read my lips...NEVER go back to Windows Mobile.
    07-30-09 10:52 AM
    Got my Tour (first BB!!) on 7/23. I was really excited to be graduating beyond the clamshell flip phones verizon gives you for free when you sign up, but I'm seriously disappointed and considering switching back to the cheap ones.

My trackball refuses to move left to right (and right to left), but is over-responsive going up and down. I've tried to remove the trackball to clean it (no luck), and I've tried cleaning it with alcohol (also no luck).

Any suggestions?
    07-30-09 10:53 AM
    Pre ordered. Battery door moves about 1mm up and down only

07-30-09 11:11 AM
    I bought mine 2 days ago....no problems I haven't caused...
    07-30-09 11:27 AM
    Got my Tour (first BB!!) on 7/23. I was really excited to be graduating beyond the clamshell flip phones verizon gives you for free when you sign up, but I'm seriously disappointed and considering switching back to the cheap ones.

My trackball refuses to move left to right (and right to left), but is over-responsive going up and down. I've tried to remove the trackball to clean it (no luck), and I've tried cleaning it with alcohol (also no luck).

Any suggestions?
    Bring it back and get another. Trust me, they'll give you a brand new one.
    07-30-09 11:30 AM
    July 23, from local Best Buy.

No problems, no worries, just amazing-ness!!!

07-30-09 11:32 AM
    Got mine on July 12 about 2 o clock couldn't lay out of the house of God like some of you No problems what so ever!
    07-30-09 11:33 AM
    Got my first one 7/14. Around the 10 day mark, I started getting unusual lag with my SMS folder and track ball issues. Returned it 7/29. I've had my second one for a day, and it seems fine although I didn't notice any issues with my first one until 10 days after I got it.
    07-30-09 11:40 AM
    first one in the store on launch day. Battery door moves only slightly. Noticed a small amount of ripple but nothing that I'm concerned with. Other than that no problems.
    07-30-09 11:48 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD