I'm a bit of a noob, so forgive my elementary question. I got a notice that I could upgrade my Tour to the new OS ver 4.7.1.61. So, I thought I'd go for it. It was easy enough....then it came to the e-mail setup. It paused and asked me for for user/password for BB Internet Service. I didn't know what to do, so I just passed it up and everything came back normally. The Verizon sales rep set up my Hotmail account earlier and all is working just fine.

So, what was the user/password prompt for? I suspect it might be for BES, in case I was set up on some Enterprise system, but I'm not sure. I did enter my Hotmail user/password, just in case, but that didn't work.

Thanks all,

Augie
    12-05-09 08:56 AM
    Since the updrage, the devie does not know you have email set up - so, if everything is worknig okay, do not worry about it. I would however if you did not register the device I would.

1. *288 opt 1
    2. options>advanced options>host routing table> menu> register now.

If it did ask for a passwrod and the sotre set it up, most stores use you mobile number for your password. I will not post what the password they normally use is, but if you go to VZW BIS you will see a forgot password link. Use this and place your pin number in and it pin your password to the device.

If you username is incorrect, then you will call VZW and they can help with this.
    Last edited by lastraid; 12-05-09 at 09:10 AM.
    12-05-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD