I'd like someone else running OS5 to try quickpull, and see if it works, with or without the sim card. Thank you.

This isn't the best way to test things...as we all know, what works on one blackberry doesn't always work the same on another. And we know that's not just blackberrys...it's ALL electronics lol.
    11-10-09 10:08 PM
    I did this and noticed my signal strength doesn't bounce around as much. The internet is also a little faster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 11:34 PM
    Noticed an improvement on signal strength and internet once I flipped my card
    11-11-09 02:43 AM
    Any other advice? I tried the sim card flip (I'm on verizon) and it may have helped a little but i still have real radio problems i didn't have with the 8830 before. Any evidence that newer Tour's are less problematic? Maybe I can persuade the store to crack open a fresh one from in stock rather than ship me a refurb one someone else didn't want. If someone else didn't want it, why would I want it?
    11-13-09 11:53 PM
    It "appears" to have worked for me for now. I have a good place to test it a little further, which I will when I get home. I get like 2 bars of 1XEV at home and when I download or view a webpage it kicks into 1X. Will test
    11-16-09 09:06 AM
    You can also just leave in the SIM card go to Manage Connections then Mobile Network Options go down to Network Technology And it should say 1XEV and not Global.
    11-17-09 03:20 PM
    You can also just leave in the SIM card go to Manage Connections then Mobile Network Options go down to Network Technology And it should say 1XEV and not Global.
    I see that your new here...
    why does this not surprise me....
    11-17-09 07:56 PM
    My Speed test results suck with the sim in and out.
    ex: Download 29.kb/s
    384kb/s max

upload 98kb/s
    187kb/s max

What gives????
    11-17-09 11:19 PM
    I was really hoping this would help on the battery life since signal strength wasn't really much of an issue for me.

OS 5.0.0.230 on VZW. I did the bat pull/SIM flip and *228 for good measure.

At first I saw my signal strength jump from it's normal 3 bars to full. But after some time, it seems to be fluctuating intermittently and even at times jumping to 1EV which it never really did before.

Running Speedtest, my speed seems to have dropped considerably as well.

It's only been a few hours since the initial switch, so I'm going to give it some more time and gauge it after a full work day so I can give a fair assessment.

Hopefully I'll report back with better news. Keep the input coming. G'luck!
    11-18-09 01:29 AM
    My CDMA signal strength doesn't hinge on whether the SIM is inserted.
    11-20-09 05:22 AM
    I had the sim out for about 5 days and did notice a slight difference in speed on the browser at first. After that time period I decided to put the sim back in. After awhile my signal would flucuate from 5 to 3 bars constantly where it would not do this with the sim installed. Needless to say this was probably a placebo effect and should not matter if you have "1XEV" selected in network options.

I am running the 5.0.0.230 OS so I'm am guessing that has something to do with it.
    11-20-09 08:33 AM
    I did the test and i know this is out of the thread conversation but the screen doesnt look like your screenshot...mine cuts off at the top where it says "speedtest"....do you know why..also, it doesnt show the "start speed" bar...
    Change your font size to a smaller size. That's what mine was...If you click the trackball anyways, it will start the test
    11-20-09 11:54 AM
    i havent noticed that my signal isn't any stronger or weaker with the sim card out but my battery life has increased by 25% (after a full night's charge i have 50% battery left when i would have less than 25% at the end of the day with the same usage before taking out the sim)
    Last edited by Lordbricks; 11-20-09 at 12:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    11-20-09 12:01 PM
    Great thread! I just did this and it worked great. Signal doesnt bounce and browser speeds have improved.
    11-20-09 01:36 PM
    This has worked for me since day 1. Put it back in, and the signal jumps from 1X to 3G (os 5). More bars, better phone reception....ZERO Dropped calls, download speed went from 350kbps to in some cases over 3000 kbps. Its sick speeds. If I go to mobilespeedtest.com (or soemthing like that) it says in some places im up to 13000kbps...lol..I doubt it, but pages up as fast as my computer.

It looks like sprint doesn't have this problem or the solution doesnt work. From what Ive read anyway.
    11-20-09 01:40 PM
    This has worked for me since day 1. Put it back in, and the signal jumps from 1X to 3G (os 5). More bars, better phone reception....ZERO Dropped calls, download speed went from 350kbps to in some cases over 3000 kbps. Its sick speeds. If I go to mobilespeedtest.com (or soemthing like that) it says in some places im up to 13000kbps...lol..I doubt it, but pages up as fast as my computer.

It looks like sprint doesn't have this problem or the solution doesnt work. From what Ive read anyway.
    So your saying you put the sim card back in? I am confused with you saying it worked from day one but that you put it back in. I have mine in backwards but contacts not touching.
    11-20-09 01:46 PM
    I went from a bouncy signal (80's to 90's) to a stable (-91 to -94 dBm). I am not sure if this is a good thing but so far my speedtest looks pretty decent. I have to try this with TetherBerry and Speedtest.net

edit: This is the speedtest with my laptop using the Tour's connection through TetherBerry.
    Last edited by sirthanh; 11-21-09 at 12:38 AM.
    11-21-09 12:34 AM
    I know am late to the party, but you guys are geniuses. I was just getting ready to return the phone, went from -85-100 and now after flipping the sim and updating list am at a steady -87-91. Rim should pay some you guys.
    12-21-09 10:16 PM
    Thats interesting. Maybe i will try it too. I've seen other posts where people do this, but i didnt think it actually worked...
    12-21-09 10:38 PM
194 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD